Sneak Preview Of Jersey! -- From Football 101

GreenBlooded1

Ok, get ready... I know that I am letting the cat out of the bag early but I MUST NOT keep this bottled up any longer. It was all I could do to wait till this morning to post this.

For those of you that don't like the lighter green --- to bad. It does, look much lighter on the white jersey than the green, but both still look sharp. Let the debate begin!!!

Green Jersey

GreenJerseywithHelmet.jpg

I didn't get a shot of the back of this one, but the Head of SOW is centered at the neck between the contrasting stripes above the players name also!

White Jersey

WhiteJersey.jpg

White Jersey Closeup:

WhiteJerseyCloseup.jpg

White Jersey - back:

BackofJersey.jpg

This one didn't have the Eagle head on it because I think it was a temporary (mock-up?) Jersey. Otherwise it would have had a players name on it not just UA

Here is how the stripe on the side of the pants:

Sideshot.jpg

We also got inside info that mini's of the new white helmets will be on sale at the BBQ on Saturday evening.

MiniHelmet.jpg

There were around 150 ladies in attendance, 20 players or so, most of the coaches, many players Moms and alot of ladies like me that just love Mean Green Football.

Now a brief word about the 101 Clinic:

My favorite part of the evening was when TD was asked how he was going to prepare for OU and -- don't quote me on this, but it was something like the following:

"I don't know what it is like to be on or to coach an Underdog team. This is not a $$ game. This is an opportunity for us as a team and a University.

I will never approach ANY game as though we are underdogs, we have just as much chance to win as the other team and that is our mindset going into every game."

Man I about fell out of my chair and the ladies erupted in cheers and applause.

Black pants would look good, but they did confirm that they will ONLY have white pants this year.

Christian Davidson (86) and Arthur Stubblefield (3)?

If that's Christian Davidson, he looks bigger than 6'3" X 220 lbs.

"For those of you that don't like the lighter green --- to bad. It does, look much lighter on the white jersey than the green, but both still look sharp. Let the debate begin!!!"

It looks like the same shade of green as the Hayden Fry era jerseys. Why don't they just go ahead and put the flying worm on the helmet? :rolleyes:

And before anyone has a spasm about it, keep in mind that this quote

"I don't know what it is like to be on or to coach an Underdog team. This is not a $$ game. This is an opportunity for us as a team and a University.

I will never approach ANY game as though we are underdogs, we have just as much chance to win as the other team and that is our mindset going into every game."

is pure Hayden Fry

Folks! welcome back to the land of positive attitudes.

These Mean Green unis' simply look..................mavawous! B) (Billy Crystal)

Now if we could "THAT" green as a choice of greens on GoMeanGreen.com's choice of colors ledger. :rolleyes: (Harry, is that do-able).

PS: They exceed my expectations by far! IMHO.........we've not had a uni' that looked as striking since the "you now who" era back in the day.

Great start for Dodge Ball, fellers!:)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

They look great, it looks like there is some flash reflection in the green numbers so they will look a little greener and darker.

I like them!

For those that may not like new jersey or prefer something a little different remember the old saying "If you can't beat them join them" well there is no changing uni now!

I'm mainly just happy that the socks don't have UA on them like the player from the sneak preview.

Unfortunately the long knee high socks DO have the UA logo in black on them... they will wear those during cold weather games. I just didnt' get his shins in the photo.

The short socks are for warm weather. The Equipment guy said that the whole team will be uniform... all short socks or all long socks -- no mixing them up.

They look fine to me. But, to me ......it looks like two different shades of green (one for the home jersey; a different shade for the road jersey). Anyone else think that?

Having seen them in person, I think that is just because the numbers on the white jersy are a different material. They are somewhat shiney and kind of "reflect" the light especillay a flash.

They ARE a bit lighter than the green jersey, but not as much as the images make it look.

I like them too...I think. UA always has a lot of trim lines running around everywhere. I'm no fan of an all white uniform but those have enough accent colors to make it acceptable. I'd also have to see them in person without the flash shine and with pads and helmets on for the full "football field" look.

I especially like the font of the numbers, no more horse jockey-looking numbers. I know there will be some SLC comparisons, and we probably did it to be different, but I would change the center helmet stripe to green middle and black outer (yes, like SLC) to better match the green jersey look.