Ut Player Arrested For Dwi

Kindle arrested for DWI

By Suzanne Halliburton | Saturday, July 28, 2007, 09:53 PM

Updated: Texas sophomore linebacker Sergio Kindle was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated early Saturday. He was released from Travis County Jail Saturday afternoon.

Kindle, the Longhorns top recruit in 2006, is expected to challenge for a starting job at strongside linebacker when preseason camp begins, Aug. 6.

Texas coach Mack Brown was out of town Saturday and notified about Kindle’s arrest. Kindle has not been suspended.

In a statement issued by the sports information department, Brown said: “We’re aware of Sergio’s situation and are disappointed anytime one of our players is accused of wrongdoing. We take a strong stance against drinking and driving and will thoroughly investigate this situation.

“Following the completion of the legal process, we will do what’s best for the university, Sergio and the team. One thing we have really prided ourselves on in our program is our family atmosphere, and this will be handled within our family.”

Kindle played in 11 of 13 games last fall. He missed the opening two games because of a sprained ankle. Counting special teams, Kindle made 21 tackles, including three behind the line of scrimmage.

He’s the second Longhorn in as many months to be charged with a DWI. Defensive end Henry Melton was arrested in Austin in June 1.

In a statement issued by the sports information department, Brown said: “We’re aware of Sergio’s situation and are disappointed anytime one of our players is accused of wrongdoing. We take a strong stance against drinking and driving and will thoroughly investigate this situation.

“Following the completion of the legal process, we will do what’s best for the university, Sergio and the team. One thing we have really prided ourselves on in our program is our family atmosphere, and this will be handled within our family.”

BS Interpretation = He is just a college kid and besides we need to him start, so his name in the paper = enough punishment.

As for Family Atmosphere??? :ph34r:

who cares...

You would if the drunk bastard hit and killed someone you love.

DWI should be a more serious crime. It should be felony attempted murder.

Wow.

By "who cares" I meant, why is this news relevant to a NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL BOARD?

Because our players never get in trouble - that's why!

We're superior. This proves it.

It should be felony attempted murder.

While DWI should carry harsh penalties, this is pushing it. I know when someone close to me blew a borderline .08, yet the only reason we were pulled over was a burned out tail light because that person was in complete control of the vehicle...felony attempted murder would have been a little harsh.

If you drink and drive and hurt/kill someone...then yes...attempted murder/murder charges are warranted. If you are a repeat offender....then yes...MUCH harsher sentences. But, enough with the "Nanny Laws" and overcharging. It's like the guy in Florida that is facing 15 years in prison and being required to registered as a sex offender because he mooned a family that cut off the car he was in on the freeway. He is being charged with committing a lewd act on a child because there was a 14 year old in the car. Ridiculous.

Edited by JayDub

While DWI should carry harsh penalties, this is pushing it. I know when someone close to me blew a borderline .08, yet the only reason we were pulled over was a burned out tail light because that person was in complete control of the vehicle...felony attempted murder would have been a little harsh.

If you drink and drive and hurt/kill someone...then yes...attempted murder/murder charges are warranted. If you are a repeat offender....then yes...MUCH harsher sentences. But, enough with the "Nanny Laws" and overcharging. It's like the guy in Florida that is facing 15 years in prison and being required to registered as a sex offender because he mooned a family that cut off the car he was in on the freeway. He is being charged with committing a lewd act on a child because there was a 14 year old in the car. Ridiculous.

Both are way over the top, and murder is wrong period. Involuntary man slaughter at best. There are really murders out there with premeditated motives that is not the same as some who accidentally drank too much. Get Real please

Sex offenders should be from serious crimes and not diluted by crap like this, my god mooning is part of America. It should be made law that mooning is part of free speech!

The .08 is ridiculous too, thanks to a misinforming short sighted group called mad mothers.

DWI offenders most often repeat, over and over and over, and continue until they end up murdering.

All of you should have been with my crew saturday night on Riverside Drive in Fort Worth to watch a 16 yo dug out of her friends car. The smell of blood, brains, oil, transmission fluid, battery acid and radiator coolent all mixed together never, ever leaves you.

By the way, I passed coach Osina at the barber shop last week in Weatherford. I couldn't help but feel numb at what he must deal with every day, yet still maintains and continues to coach a successful junior college girls basketball program at Weatherford College. It must be beyond imagination knowing that it's not even been 6 years since a drunk swerved and murdered his daughter and three other Brock ISD girl basktball players and yet the POS is up for parole very soon. I believe at most he can only serve 11 years? He'll get out soon enough, and then be on the road again to repeat.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

How much would it have cost to take a cab? I'm sure it would've been a lot less than getting busted for DWI. If you think using a 3,000 pound vehicle without your full facalties is not felony attempted murder, then I hope you, or one that is close to you is maimed or killed by a drunk driver. Drinking and driving is just plain F'd up. It's simple, if you have one drink, then you need to spend at least one hour where you are not behind the wheel of a vehicle.

On the guy in Florida, he did the crime and he knew he must register as a sex offender. To bad, so sad!!!!

This seond chance $hit, because he didn't know or she's too young is what is Ridiculous.

How much would it have cost to take a cab? I'm sure it would've been a lot less than getting busted for DWI. If you think using a 3,000 pound vehicle without your full facalties is not felony attempted murder, then I hope you, or one that is close to you is maimed or killed by a drunk driver. Drinking and driving is just plain F'd up. It's simple, if you have one drink, then you need to spend at least one hour where you are not behind the wheel of a vehicle.

On the guy in Florida, he did the crime and he knew he must register as a sex offender. To bad, so sad!!!!

This seond chance $hit, because he didn't know or she's too young is what is Ridiculous.

The guy in Florida just mooned a guy who cut them off in traffic, are you kidding me? Wasting public money on this kind of crap is unbelievable they need to worry about real sex offenders.

Story

Felony attempted murder? How many people have you put in jail for DWI? How many have you stopped and talked to? It is obvious you don't understand what the court system and jails would have to do to make this a reality...or just how absurdly low the conviction rate would become.

I do think the penalties should be more harsh though. Probation for DWI, especially given how hard it is to get a conviction, is a joke. Mandatory jail time, even if it's only 3-5 days.