Oklahoma State To Expand Football Field And Build An

gangrene

This post has been up for an hour and no one has panicked or ranted about our situation and the need to find "our" Pickens.

You guys are slipping - or really observing the Lord's Day.

Edited by Quoner

Slim%20Pickens.gif

And Slim Pickens was sorta' famous for his Blazing Saddles "f@rting around the campfire" line when he said:

"What in the Wide World of Sports is-a goin' on here." :)

Knew a lady over here in Fort Worth (namely, Cowgirl singer Annie Golightly) who personally knew Slim. Annie told me Slim was one of the best trainers of horses around Hollywood (or anywhere else for that matter). She also told me he died very painfully with brain cancer.

Back on subject: Can you imagine where Big 12 OSU's program would be if T. Boone Pickens had not rode in on his white horse into Stillwater? Moreso, can you imagine where UNT would be now (or soon) with someone like him riding his white horse into the Mean Green Village with a saddle bag full of tens of millions of dollars?

All this money flying all around us in the Metroplex makes one get a bit depressed at times, but our day in the $un will come and I think many others on GoMeanGreen.com believe that it will, too.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Back on subject: Can you imagine where Big 12 OSU's program would be if T. Boone Pickens had not rode in on his white horse into Stillwater? Moreso, can you imagine where UNT would be now (or soon) with someone like him riding his white horse into the Mean Green Village with a saddle bag full of tens of millions of dollars?

All this money flying all around us in the Metroplex makes one get a bit depressed at times, but our day in the $un will come and I think many others on GoMeanGreen.com believe that it will, too.

There it is.

And, even without Pickens, OSU's program would be at least 7 years ahead of ours. At least.

There it is.

And, even without Pickens, OSU's program would be at least 7 years ahead of ours. At least.

I believe most who know me, quoner, know that after my 40 plus years of following NCAA D1 football, first as a UH Coog' fan in the 1960's, coupled with being a DKR-led UT football program enthusiast, too, and then a Mean Green fan as an NT student (of course) and then as an NT Ex post graduation, circa 1976. Yet with my being a pretty big follower of NCAA D1 football all those years, that even I would realize the difference between what big monies could do for a Sun Belt school as compared to a school in the Big 12--sorta' apples & oranges, wouldn't you say?

My having been to a few football games in Stillwater, OK, beginning in the mid-1970's, you'd only have had to seen OSU's football facilities (many aluminun stands so full of rust you'd thought that was their new school color); yet to see what most would call poor football facilities (at best) for a Big 8 (future Big 12) school would make most realize that T. Boone Pickens could not have come at a better time for OSU than the present.

Yet all we need at UNT to get started in building our stadium is what some "a bit better than aveage" pro athletes are signing multi-year contracts for these days.

I really don't understand all the reasons as to why we are not better positioned at UNT to be getting similar monies that professional sports owners throw around like candy, but for whatever the reason(s), we just aren't there quite yet; but we all know how quickly such things can change in our society and for UNT, that will be a big positive when it does.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen