Star Telegram Commercial At The Movies...

The wife and I went to see the latest Harry Potter movie tonight at "The Rave" picture show at Fort Worth's westside "Ridgemar Mall". During and in between the 50 or so pre-movie commercials, previews and what-nots a commercial started to run for the Fort Worth Star Telegram. Of course the wife was giving me her pre Harry Potter pep talk(she keeps me updated on the story since she's read all 7 books, the latest in 12 hours :rolleyes:) and I wasn't paying that much attention to the screen at first. But then I realized what it was and it was cool as SHIT!

You hear a voice-over similar to the NFL Films voice dude, talking about something COMING THIS FALL!!!!

All the while there's letters forming shapes, running across the screen, but they start to form something that looks like a football play:

..............T..........S..B..Q..U..C..M

...................................N

...................................S

................................U ....T

And that's exactly what they were, a football diagrammed play using random letters.

Then they would jumble around and mix up and then go back into a different formation over and over again. Soon while the voice is talking you hear a referee's whistle

in the background, and then a crowd cheering and more sounds of college football game day's on saturdays. By that time I woke up and realized it's a commercial for the upcoming College FOOTBALL season. Finally the voice ends the message with something to the tune of.............."And to get all the action THIS FALL!!!!!!!!"............

And suddently, without another sound, the letters move out of their last formations to spell..................TCU..............SMU.............UNT

Very, very cool.

We beat the hell out of Baylor in 2002 and the Startelgram didn't even have the freakin consideration to send a photog to that game, and it was the only D IA game in the metroplex that weekend. The commercial above gives me hope that those snubbing days of the western local rag are behind us.

YOU KNOW IT'S ALL GOOD, AND ALL GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick