The Dragonification Of U N T

MeanGreen61

See the similarity?
*GASP* You're right! Both helmets are predominantly white with green trim!

The Mean Green will slowly show the rest of their wardrobe closer to the season, so it remains to be seen whether the Mean Green will be sporting the Dragons' black pants. Any objections from UNT fans out there?

Look, if we had changed our school colors from blue to green, I could see a problem. It's just coincidence that SLC and UNT wear the same shade of green.

I would like to say that we're not trying to be like them, after all, we've always been green and we've worn black pants in the past. But, to be perfectly honest, I think we are trying to immulate them to a degree. I don't think we'll jump ship and re-vamp everything, but I think they're trying to look "more familiar" to DFW football fans.

I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW WHITE HELMETS!

I've come to like the new green, I love the new eagle logo, but I hate the mostly white helmet look. What do ya'll think, and what's your favorite helmet in UNT history? I vote for the North Texas written in cursive, 2001-2004.

Someone always has to stir the pot.

I would like to say that we're not trying to be like them, after all, we've always been green and we've worn black pants in the past. But, to be perfectly honest, I think we are trying to immulate them to a degree. I don't think we'll jump ship and re-vamp everything, but I think they're trying to look "more familiar" to DFW football fans.

I've come to like the new green, I love the new eagle logo, but I hate the mostly white helmet look. What do ya'll think, and what's your favorite helmet in UNT history? I vote for the North Texas written in cursive, 2001-2004.

Man... talk about someone stirring the pot!

I think "StrapJr" has done it.

Get ready for this thread to get out of control quick. :ph34r:

I think you should pony up the money for a new stadium. The least they could do is change the color of the helmets to your convenience.

Or avoid the stickers. That way we'd for sure beat SMU. Because we'd beat them on the long ball.

BTW, did you know we're the envy of their marketing department? Which market design do you like better? "It's Wide Open" or "Pony Up"? Tough call...

...Good Lord I'm ready for September 1. pleasepleasehurryhurry

Im bored of the Southlake comparisons. We've been green for longer than Southlake highschool has been in existence. Nobody outside DFW gives a sh*t about Southlake. Give it a rest.

Nobody outside of DFW gives a sh*t about UNT, and even on campus the following is sparce.

Nobody outside of DFW gives a sh*t about UNT, and even on campus the following is sparce.

I dont know what "sparce" means. Is it like "immulate"?

If you seriously believe Southlake Highschool has as much national exposure as UNT, there isn't an amount of logic in the world that can save you from your ignorance.

Welcome to the board.

Edited by Eagle1855

I would agree to a degree that there is not much 'following' of UNT outside of the metroplex, or really even on campus.

But about the white helmets, man those things are awesome. I want to get one and just wear it around in my car on the way to work or even while I sleep. I love em and cant wait to get one.

That is all I will say about them as there are many other threads talking about the new uniforms.

I think this thread needs to go in the direction of.......say......politics. :thumbsup:

Favorite Helmet of All-time?

72-83

Way to win friends and influence people :blink: I'm assuming that strapJR is in reference to your jock strap.

That's because the Feds had the phone lines tapped and heard that DD called the prez and MF'er.

Always makes me laugh.

Now Rick, you know they wouldn't have been there had we been wearing white helmets.

The guy at the bottom of the left goal post seems a little perturbed about the style of offense we ran that day...

If we have the same results SLC has had over the last 80 games or so..."Dragonification" all you want!

I do not give a horses ass what you call it! :excl:

My God no Doubt, if it means winning Dragonification the sh#t out of us!

Is dragonification a new word that means "wins a lot"???

It sure would be nice if Stoops looked like the above picture after our game with them.... confused and no hair left.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66