Dodge Graduates To Higher Level As N T Coach

MeanGreen61

Todd Dodge left a successful high school coaching career to take over the football program at the University of North Texas. Since his arrival, season ticket purchases have increased over 40% and contributions to the Mean Green Club rose by 24%.

Football season ticket purchases increased 40.5% and contributions to the Mean Green Club rose by 24.1% since Dodge's arrival. In the first half of 2007, season ticket purchases totaled $245,616, up from $174,789 from April 1, 2006, through the 2006 season. Contributions to the support fund for athletic scholarships in that same period went from $296,240 to $367,492.

USA TODAY ARTICLE

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/foo...xas-dodge_N.htm

Edited by MeanGreen61

Bowl game here we come, I had to vote for the bowl.

Every time I read up on Dodge I get goosebumps and I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, which now feels like we are at thanksgiving and my parents just told me I was getting the best gift ever.

Football season ticket purchases increased 40.5% and contributions to the Mean Green Club rose by 24.1% since Dodge's arrival. In the first half of 2007, season ticket purchases totaled $245,616, up from $174,789 from April 1, 2006, through the 2006 season. Contributions to the support fund for athletic scholarships in that same period went from $296,240 to $367,492.

Divide $245,616 by $80 (price of a season ticket in Section E) = looks like a minimum of around 3,100 season tickets sold to date.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Better hope this dude doesnt have a heart attack like the coach before him..NT will fire him like they did that poor guy! No way anyone will ever be successful at this place. Let's see how they fare against OU and then come talk to me!

movieguy.jpg

Burn Her!!!

or Plumm on his way to another 9K

:lol:

It's already begun, greenminer! :o:)

In fact, Harry & Company have a bit of "fuzzy math" a-goin' on here as my official #9,000'th post now reads as # 9,010. So with the new math going on at GMG.com, I will get the second 9,000 posts much quicker than the first! :D:blink::)

Plus, I am doubling up on my Post Toasties to hasten all this!

GMG!

:lol:

It's already begun, greenminer! :o:)

In fact, Harry & Company have a bit of "fuzzy math" a-goin' on here as my official #9,000'th post now reads as # 9,010. So with the new math going on at GMG.com, I will get the second 9,000 posts much quicker than the first! :D:blink::)

GMG!

Hey Jim.....whenever you post.....your post total goes up on all your posts. (even ones that you have posted before, would have your new overall post total).

Divide $245,616 by $80 (price of a season ticket in Section E) = looks like a minimum of around 3,100 season tickets sold to date.

I bet most of the season tickets were sold on either side of section E. The $500 donation might be a bit steep for the novice (new) Mean Green Fan. I am happy to pay it and would not trade my seats in section E, but I bet most new season ticket holders are in other sections.

3,100 season tickets is NOT what UNT expected do you? I think the University anticipated much more BUT...........the darn tickets are steep for average Joe in the Metro Plex that has no ties to North Texas.

3,100 aint bad considering practice hasn't even started. Daily updates in the DMN/FWST and local TV stations will drive sales as practice goes on. I'll wager we hit 6K this season. What kind of increase we gain from there all depends on how the season unfolds. Big wins over Navy and SMU along with a winning season could send us very easily towards the 10K goal the AD wants. (but it won't happen until next season.)

3,100 season tickets is NOT what UNT expected do you? I think the University anticipated much more BUT...........the darn tickets are steep for average Joe in the Metro Plex that has no ties to North Texas.

I wouldn't say that those season tickets are steep. Perhaps if you include the $500 MGC donation, it's more than the casual fan wants to spend. However, ticket prices at North Texas are still considerably lower than in other D-1A programs. A good friend of mine is an Aggie alum, and his single-game tickets are somewhere around $80 apiece!

I bet most of the season tickets were sold on either side of section E. The $500 donation might be a bit steep for the novice (new) Mean Green Fan. I am happy to pay it and would not trade my seats in section E, but I bet most new season ticket holders are in other sections.

Either side of section E ? I've heard that E is gettin' pretty full.

Edited by MeanGreen61

Season tickets for C, D, F, & G are $100 to the general public, a little less for faculty and staff, recent grads, parents of freshmen. Section E is $100 for everyone.

Season tickets for C, D, F, & G are $100 to the general public, a little less for faculty and staff, recent grads, parents of freshmen. Section E is $100 for everyone.

Nope Section E were not $100.00 if you were renewing early in that section. You could lock in 2006 prices by renewing and paying your donation in full by March 28th.

Edited by MeanGreen61