5 Star Recruit Commits To Troy

Will to Win

With the talent they are getting, I see some intense rivalry games between UNT and Troy coming in the near future.

http://northtexas.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p...c=4&yr=2007

6-7/288/4.80 Committed to Troy

I was reading the Troy board a while back and he was on their radar...I believe he had a teammate at JC who signed with Troy as well. Good for them and good for the Sun Belt...UNT has been landing some nice talent, Troy's obviously pulling some nice talent...now its time for the rest of the Belt to catch up.

"Date: Jan 29, 2007

Dion Gales (DL, MS Gulf Coast CC, MS) - Scout.com's #2 nationally ranked junior college prospect was informed last week by Ole Miss that they could no longer sign him due to his grades."-Scout.com

Less than a week later he commits to Troy.

Edited by Cr1028

I was just checking out that 2007 recruitng class of Troy and noticed something: 12 out of their 32 commits are from the JUCO ranks. I understand that you can mix in some JUCO talents as stop-gaps when you have roster holes; but one-third of their recruiting class! That strategy could very well catch up to them.

(And I count 7 out of 25 players from their 2006 class being JUCO transfers).

Edited by good_ken