Johnny Quinn...

BIG DAWG

To make room for Smith on the roster Buffalo released rookie free agent receiver Johnny Quinn. They also released rookie free agent linebacker Larry Edwards.

Hopefully he will end up somewhere else soon...make training camp with someone

Edited by BIG DAWG

The Bills have always been a team I have hated...here is to him going to somewhere I like

Ditto. The Bills were responsible for the single most heart-breaking catastrophe I've witnessed in my sports-watching life. Nothing like being on the losing-end of a game most refer to as "The Comeback" that provides a guy a lucrative motivational speaking career...Congrats to Frank Reich, though.

Edited by Eagle1855

Ditto. The Bills were responsible for the single most heart-breaking catastrophe I've witnessed in my sports-watching life. Nothing like being on the losing-end of a game most refer to as "The Comeback" that provides a guy a lucrative motivational speaking career...Congrats to Frank Reich, though.

True, but that also served as the "whipping boy" for two of the Cowboys' Super Bowl wins. They are the Minnesota Vikings of the AFC.

True, but that also served as the "whipping boy" for two of the Cowboys' Super Bowl wins. They are the Minnesota Vikings of the AFC.

I wish I could find solace in that... but I can't. I still think of what could have been. I'm not saying anyone could have beaten the cowboys those years they won the championships, as they were a damn good squad, but you still wonder what might have been. That was a pretty good Oiler's team...

At any rate, Im done revisiting painful sports moments. Sorry for derailing the thread.

Any word as to what teams were interested in Quinn?

Edited by Eagle1855

Ditto. The Bills were responsible for the single most heart-breaking catastrophe I've witnessed in my sports-watching life.

Tell me about it. That was the closest the Dolphins came to the Super Bowl since Marino's 2nd year. Miami would have mopped the floor with Houston in Joe Robbie Stadium the next week. Instead we had to travel to Buffalo in January.

I hate the Bills.

Tell me about it. That was the closest the Dolphins came to the Super Bowl since Marino's 2nd year. Miami would have mopped the floor with Houston in Joe Robbie Stadium the next week. Instead we had to travel to Buffalo in January.

I hate the Bills.

Nope...the Bills won the AFC title in Joe Robbie that year. After defeating Houston Buffalo went on the road and beat Pittsburgh in the Divisional round and then Miami. The Steelers were the 1 seed if I recall, so they would've hosted the Oilers and then probably Miami in the AFC Championship game.

But Buffalo made all that irrelevant.

Edited by CMJ

Has anyone been watching this closely enough to explain how Quinn got cut even before camp started? This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, because he has an opportunity to join another team before their camp starts, but it sucks that he didn't get a chance in Buffalo.

I hate the Bills.

---They got a little accidental ref help.. One Buffalo receiver ran out of bounds then came back in and caught a pass that I think went for a TD. The Houston defender had released him from coverage knowing that the reciever should have been inelgible after that. The ref do not notice he went out of bounds. There was no-replay that year. Another second half pass was very questionable. It appeared to hit the ground prior to catch.. again no replay so their drive continued. Houston played poorly but not as bad as it looked.. that was 14 points that should have not been earned.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Don Bebe did step out of bounds on that play. On the other hand, Buffalo's momentum was building into a tidal wave at that point...I doubt it would've mattered much...they were going to score on that drive. I don't recall the catch that was in question, but it's not like Houston didn't get some breaks to go their way in that contest.

Miami would have mopped the floor with Houston in Joe Robbie Stadium the next week.

you're dreaming. But Im not gonna get into an argument over what could have happened in the 1992 season... haha. Let's just agree to hate the Bills. And now that they've cut Quinn, it's just one more reason...

Nope...the Bills won the AFC title in Joe Robbie that year. After defeating Houston Buffalo went on the road and beat Pittsburgh in the Divisional round and then Miami. The Steelers were the 1 seed if I recall, so they would've hosted the Oilers and then probably Miami in the AFC Championship game.

But Buffalo made all that irrelevant.

You are correct. Miami and Buffalo played so many playoff games in the 90s I forgot that we actually hosted the AFC Championship that year.

---They got a little accidental ref help.. One Buffalo receiver ran out of bounds then came back in and caught a pass that I think went for a TD. The Houston defender had released him from coverage knowing that the reciever should have been inelgible after that. The ref do not notice he went out of bounds. There was no-replay that year. Another second half pass was very questionable. It appeared to hit the ground prior to catch.. again no replay so their drive continued. Houston played poorly but not as bad as it looked.. that was 14 points that should have not been earned.

you are absolutely correct, it did go for a touchdown and replay showed he was clearly out of bounds before catching the ball. However, if you're the Oilers, you really can't point to that being the 'reason' you lost (though it certainly helped with the momentum factor). When you blow a 32 point lead in a playoff game, you almost deserve it. It was disgusting, on all fronts. Unless you were a Bills fan, of course.

I hate the Bills. HATE. H-A-T-E!

For a while there the rivalry got so heated that Bills fans would stand on overpasses and urinate on the Dolphins bus on its way to the stadium.

People smirked on this board a year ago when I stated that Johnny should redshirt because of his broken hand. I said that having low receiving numbers was going to seriously hamper Johnny's chances of catching on with an NFL team in 2007. Well, it's already ben proven that he wasn't given a serious chance with the first NFL team he signed with.

Whad would Johnny have been able to do in the Todd Dodge offense? In retrospect, would he, and the North Texas program be better off if he had redshirted?

Not only that, one of the Buffalo linebackers (Talley, I think) basically tackled Ernest Givens in the middle of his pass route, preventing him from catching the ball and allowing it to be picked off by a Buffalo d-back. If that isn't pass interference, I don't know what is. Some zebras really must've had some money on the Bills that day.