Lets Unite To Excite!

Dear Mean Green Nation,

I, like each one of you, are excited for the Coach Dodge era to begin. I am excited about the new uniforms. I am excited abou the season ticket sales. I am excited about the enthusiasm around the football program at U.N.T.

There is one thing that we have to offer...the true opportunity to be "The Team of the Metroplex". We are a public University with growing prestige and numbers.

And, we are the ONLY team in the Metrplex that can fill a stadium with a good program.

I don't mean this as any attack on the wonderful few years that TCU has put together as well as the turnaround the Mustangs managed after the big defeat to the Mean Green. But, TCU, despite having a grand run as one of the Top 25 teams in America really can't fill their stadium. Fort Worth does what they can...but, they have not captured the heart of the Metroplex and I believe their best days have passed them.

I have a lot of respect for the Coach Bennett, but no matter how many wins SMU has....they will still have to give tickets away to hit the NCAA requirements. Dallas is not and will not support the Mustangs. And, that is sad.

However, Coach Dodge, a strong array of supporters, huge alumni base, and fans from other parts of the Country are poised to support a local, public University...and thus we are positioned to be "The Team of the Metroplex". If you looked at media coverage the past few months since the Coach Dodge hiring, I'm sure it is doubled that of SMU and TCU combined. And, the future is just beginning....

So, with that said... "Lets Unite to Excite!!!"

We will rally the students, the alums, the City of Denton, the City of Southlake and the entire Dallas and Fort Worth Metroplex.

Our time is NOW! From exciting new uniforms, to dynamic coaches, to new facilities.....

As FireFightingRick alluded to in an earlier post.... It's gonna be kewl...to be Mean Green!!!! And, it's been a long time since we could say that!

Lets Unite to Excite!"

Edited by ParksAndRecRick

Even though my avitar doesn't reflect it (but how else is the original Scrappy supposed to look?), I too am very excited about this new era.....or should I say a return to a previous era.

You newer alums and students are about to get a taste of what it was like for those of us that attended North Texas during the Hayden Fry era.

LOTS OF POSITIVE ATTITUDE FROM THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT

LOTS OF EXCITEMENT FROM THE FOOTBALL TEAM

LOTS OF EXCITEMENT FROM THE SPIRIT GROUPS

AND LOTS OF

I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE............. FROM EVERYONE!

I'm very excited as well. Let's keep perspective though.

Dodge is coaching DD's recruits. We will not see a Dodge-recruited starting lineup on the field for another 2 or 3 years. But I am very happy that our university is getting the attention, especially from Southlake fans (median household income: $139,900). I'm excited not only for the style of football we're going to see, but the potential for some serious money to start rolling into the program.

And THAT is what UNT needs to make it to the next level.

I'm very excited as well. Let's keep perspective though.

Dodge is coaching DD's recruits. We will not see a Dodge-recruited starting lineup on the field for another 2 or 3 years. But I am very happy that our university is getting the attention, especially from Southlake fans (median household income: $139,900). I'm excited not only for the style of football we're going to see, but the potential for some serious money to start rolling into the program.

And THAT is what UNT needs to make it to the next level.

I'm excited to see what the "DD recruited players" will do when they have a real motivator as a coach. That's the true test of how good a coach is......by motivating someone else's players.

I'm excited to see what the "DD recruited players" will do when they have a real motivator as a coach. That's the true test of how good a coach is......by motivating someone else's players.

Oh, I agree. I really do think that the last couple seasons were the result of BAD COACHING, but I will still be happy with a .500 season. A bowl game is beyond my expectations, but I certainly won't complain if it happens. :D