Which Do You Like Better?

I was skeptical about the WHITE but I like them now. I understand the theory about being able to see the receivers down field better and we haven't had a white helmet since 1967. It will be cool to see these white helmets in action, not going to judge just yet.

This is a great question.

On one hand I would rather have Green helmets, but only if they were the Forrest Green color of old. I don't want helmets in the new Kelly green color. It is bad enough I am having to buy two of each of the shirts and caps of everything else I wear with North Texas on it, since I refuse to buy anything with the new color on it - it is getting harder to do find stuff with the Forrest green though.

I will say though, I will have an easier time getting used to the white helmets than I will the SLC uniforms.

White looks really good to me, I liked the green too. With all the recruiting TD is pulling off already, he can paint them solid white for all I care. If TD keeps up the energy that I keep seeing and hearing about with the team, marketing the school and the team, this incredible recruiting, and what I expect will eventually turn in to success on the football field, he can do whatever he likes with the uniform and helmet.

White looks really good to me, I liked the green too. With all the recruiting TD is pulling off already, he can paint them solid white for all I care. If TD keeps up the energy that I keep seeing and hearing about with the team, marketing the school and the team, this incredible recruiting, and what I expect will eventually turn in to success on the football field, he can do whatever he likes with the uniform and helmet.

Agree. :D

White.

In NCAA 08, you can create a team and use the current NCAA logos. I made the new helmet with their "North Texas" on it, which is the one with the SoW attached to the "N" and it looked pretty sharp. Sure, the "North Texas" is smaller, but it would include the SoW logo.

I understand the theory about being able to see the receivers down field better and we haven't had a white helmet since 1967.

How does this theory play out when your opponent is wearing a white helmet?

Edited by UNTLifer

Jimmy Cracked Corn...

...but, I will say that I do feel that it is important for the new guy coming in (as in Todd Dodge) to be able to quickly establish this as his program. If that takes us changing our uniforms (truly, it is symbolic), even for WHITE helmets, well then so be it. As they say, "Out with the Old...In with the New!"