Oklahoma Game Tickets

eppy4life

Any chance students could obtain tickets? I've thought about going to this game.

I was a student when we played Oklahoma in '02, and I seem to remember that they did set aside a certain number of tickets for the students. I would stay up-to-date with the ticket office and get the tickets as soon as you're able, however.

I was a student when we played Oklahoma in '02, and I seem to remember that they did set aside a certain number of tickets for the students. I would stay up-to-date with the ticket office and get the tickets as soon as you're able, however.

I think it was actually 03, but either way, they SHOULD have tix for students. I mean, that's the big group you want traveling to the games right? Those are the ones that make the noise (at least it was when I was there). I can't imagine we sell our entire allotment to OU before the students have a chance.

At $67 per ticket, I can see why...

Speaking of allotments. I purchased my season tix and renewed my MGC membership today. While doing so I purchased 4 tix for the SMU game. I asked the ticket guy how sales were overall season/etc. He said "Great." and that the ticket office is elated with how things are going. He also said SMU only gave NT 4,000 tickets for the Sept. 8 game. My advice - If you want to sit with other NT fans buy your tickets sooner rather than later.

mine were $47...

From the UNT Athletics web site:

"Single-Game Tickets for Oklahoma

Oklahoma tickets will be available for order to our Mean Green Priority account holders based on their Mean Green Priority Point standing (see chart). If quantities allow, all other groups may place orders starting on Wednesday, August 1st. These groups will be required to make a $20 per ticket donation to the Mean Green Club and be allowed to purchase a maximum of 4 tickets. The acceptance of an order does not guarantee its fulfillment. Orders will be filled based on availability by the date the order was received."

Now I'm as big an NT fan as anyone on this board, I believe in Coach Dodge, and I realize the Athletic Department is trying to raise as much money as it can while the opportunity is there, but I can see how tactics like this, before the team has done anything on the field, would turn off the casual NT fan who might otherwise be interested in making the road trip to Norman. There is a certain calculated risk in doing this...if the $20 MGC donation earned the ticket buyer some Priority Points, it might not be so bad.

Edited by Greenblood94

I never heard this. Where did you hear this deal?

The ticket office sent an e-mail to students that already purchased them for $27 and said that they were reduced to $10 each for the first 1000 UNT students and we would be credited the difference.