Espn Conference Predictions For This Year

Will to Win

IMHO, the progosticators who predict that UNT will be a bottom feeder in the SBC never mention that Coach Dodge was a D-1A Coordinator at UNT but always mention that he is making the unpresidented jump from high school to college. These same prognosticators hardly mention that Coach Dodge won numberable state titles at Texas' highest level of Texas High School Football and only lost one game. Meaning no disrespect to the various sport's writers of these football rags but does anyone ever do any real research or do they go on previous records and gut feelings?

IMHO, again, the worst senario is third with second place as my prediction. With a few lucky breaks UNT wins the SBC for the fifth time. Before you take your shots you have to remember this:

1. UNT lost nine games in the last two years of Coach Dickey's tenure by a touchdown or less basically with the same players on Coach Dodge's roster.

2. The last two years of Coach Dicky's tenure he averaged 13.5 points per game.

3. Question: What you have seen in Spring Practice and how the team has been doing their informal workouts does anyone really expect a Coach Dodge team to put up 13.5 points per game average over the course of the season? :unsure: Personally I think Coach Dodge will do that by the first quarter or midway through the second quarter in most of the SBC games and possibly a couple of the OOC games, hopefully SMU.

4. To say that Coach Dodge will compare to Coach Dickey's brand of football in points, yardage and philosophy is heresy and at best defeatist.

5. RF is not our OC!

I agree about the rag mags and how their writers are handling North Texas.

I believe these writers do no real research other than read each others reports

based on the last 2 years performance. I really can not blame the writers on how

they view North Texas football. Wait and see, when Coach Dodge, his staff, and this

team really start to roll, all these same writere will jump on the band wagon.

I really believe that Coach Dodge and his staff will put the puzzle together,

and with the new energy the players have, this team will exceed our expectations!

The future of North Texas football is on the right road. The longest journey starts

with the first step. Looks like to me a North Texas convoy is starting to "Hammer Down!"