All Time College Football Team

NT03

http://ultimateteam.rivals.com/UltimateVote.asp

Vote Joe Green , he's currently 5th on the DL list behind Reggie White,Julius Peppers, Warren Sapp & Jevon Kearse.

I can't believe Hayden Fry wasn't listed for all time greatest coaches :angry:

I just voted for Joe (and others, of course). The biggest lunacy on that poll, is that one of the leading vote getters at quarterback is Tommie Frazier (Nebraska). At this time, he is 4th in votes for all time QB. That's ridiculous. I'm not sure that Tommie Frazier is even the best Nebraska quarterback of all time.

As for Coach Fry not being on there, I love the guy, but I can't argue with the list which is there. I do believe that every one of those coaches listed won a national title during their careers.

Edited by Green Means Go!

I just voted for Joe (and others, of course). The biggest lunacy on that poll, is that one of the leading vote getters at quarterback is Tommie Frazier (Nebraska). At this time, he is 4th in votes for all time QB. That's ridiculous. I'm not sure that Tommie Frazier is even the best Nebraska quarterback of all time.

I voted for Frazier. What a great debate. Most of those guys are before my time and the ones that I can recall (Manning, Vick, Young, Palmer) I know I wouldn't vote ahead of Frazier or Elway. I don't really think there's anything wrong with a lot of these QBs; any of them you could make an argument depending on what offensive system was in place. I don't think you could go wrong with a number of these, but I passed over a couple in particular because they were more notable during their NFL careers rather than NCAA. Elway is an all-timer, but his Stanford teams were 20-23 and never qualified for a bowl (yes, I know about his individual stats). Really, so many great choices I just can't imagine going wrong with some of them!

Anyways, I've read nothing but incredible things about Frazier's desire and sheer playmaking ability. It's probably easier when you play on arguably the best college team of all-time, but someone has to drive the truck, right?

moving to the OL, does anyone remember Bryant McKinnie? He never allowed a sack during his entire prep/college career.

http://ultimateteam.rivals.com/UltimateVote.asp

Vote Joe Green , he's currently 5th on the DL list behind Reggie White,Julius Peppers, Warren Sapp & Jevon Kearse.

I can't believe Hayden Fry wasn't listed for all time greatest coaches :angry:

"Thanks, Mean Joe..............! ! !" (Mean Joe is gaining in this poll--as he should be).

What if the 1968 University of North Texas Mean Green football team had not been "SWC refer'eed" out of a win versus Frank Broyles Razorbacks, I wonder what such a win as that would have done for the direction of our NT football program; especially in light of the fact that Arkansas would play the Texas Longhorns in the "Game of the Century" (and for the NCAA National Championship) the very next season?

:thumbsup: Vote for Mean Joe Greene anyway, because he still was probably one of the 4 greatest defensive lineman in not only college football history, but the National Football League as well.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As for Coach Fry not being on there, I love the guy, but I can't argue with the list which is there. I do believe that every one of those coaches listed won a national title during their careers.

Looking back , I agree with you. I didn't realize they only listed 11 college coaches. I couldn't put Fry over any of those guys other than maybe Switzer. How many games would Barry of WON if he had "legal" players during his tenure at OU ?????

As for Frazier , he was a stud in his day, 4th all time.. I don't know about that , but Id say the best option QB I've ever seen.

No Anthony Munoz ( USC) baffles me

Edited by NT03

No Anthony Munoz ( USC) baffles me

That's when I knew this poll was Bogus. Munoz is the best offensive lineman of all time, no question!!!!