Any Mean Green Weather Fanatics Out There?

The Galveston County Daily News has hired me to produce an on-going weather blog. I know that a few of my fellow fans have a fascination with the topic, so I am including a link. The first blog talks all about waterspouts, if any of you would like to learn more about that topic. At any case, future topics will be found at the link provided.

http://blogs.galvnews.com/blog.lasso?blog=2eb76cce923ed1ce

Now that I stopped drooling.... Yeah severe weather is the sh**....

The amount of precip and bad weather the last few weeks have really kept me busy and entertain.

Im thinking about going to meterology school after im done with my MBA... There are some meterology schools at Midwestern state in wichita falls and in tulsa, I think A&M too, but thats not going to happen.

Because of the distance I will probably take amatuer classes in Fort Worth. I dont think I will take the career choice to become a meterologist and predict that a natural disaster will consume our football stadium

ON a funny note: a coworker of mine was in the car with me as we drove by fouts on I-35, we talked about the stadium and he referred to our stadium as being older than dirt itself, I got a good laugh....

Im thinking about going to meterology school after im done with my MBA... There are some meterology schools at Midwestern state in wichita falls and in tulsa, I think A&M too, but thats not going to happen.

When I was in HS and toying with the idea of studying meteorology in college, I discovered Penn State and Florida State are considered the two best in the country(well...at least they were in '95/'96 when I was researching it). So if you don't mind moving out of state, you might look into one or the other.

I have a video of one, I took it while we were scuba diving off the coast of Roatan.

Waterspout2.jpg

That is a frame off the video, it passes by after several minutes.

Thanks for the awesome photo and comments from my fellow MG'ers.

Bet you were torn between wanting to get a good close up and hoping it wouldn't get too close!

When I was in HS and toying with the idea of studying meteorology in college, I discovered Penn State and Florida State are considered the two best in the country(well...at least they were in '95/'96 when I was researching it). So if you don't mind moving out of state, you might look into one or the other.

I believe Tech and OU are well respected in this field as well.

I lived in tornado alley for about 8 years. I work in tv news and have gone storm chasing a few times. Unfortunately I've never seen a tornado, but I've seen a few wall clouds and funnel clouds.

I did get to witness the devastation of the F5 that ripped through OKC in '98. Wow! I literally saw pickup trucks on top of houses, in trees etc. I left OK shortly thereafter and have not been storm chasing since. I'll stay hunkered down in my bathtub surrounded by every pillow in the house, thank you very much.

Guest GrayEagleOne

If meteorology would teach us how to aim a tornado at a specific target, say Fouts Field, then we'd all go, or at the least, send a representative.

Back in '90, I lived in Helena Al, just south of B'ham. During February, a 'freak'

weather pattern developed spring type severe thunderstorms, which spun up a

tornado at 230am--was not a direct hit, but ripped up the roof and blew out the

upper east side of our house. Scared the &^$%$ out of me, the wife, and our

dogs. We were not hurt thank God! That was the loudest noise I have ever heard

in my life! Anyway, I now take severe weather reports very seriously, and I

prepair accordingly. I too am a severe weather nut, but, there is no way in

&$#@& I will go out and chase down a tornado! The movie "Twister" is a

bunch of make believe crap!

I dont think I will take the career choice to become a meterologist and predict that a natural disaster will consume our football stadium

ON a funny note: a coworker of mine was in the car with me as we drove by fouts on I-35, we talked about the stadium and he referred to our stadium as being older than dirt itself, I got a good laugh....

---Careful... a few of us are even older than Fouts... just barely. I am glad he did did not see me. no telling what he would have said.