Do You Have "another" Team?

I have to admit. I am about to graduate at North Texas, and this will be my 3rd season as a proud citizen of the Mean Green Nation. But I'm not a native Texan, I was born in Florida and grew up a Gators fan hating our intrastate rivals.

Do you have "another" team, and who is it?

Guest GrayEagleOne

I have several but none compare to North Texas. I'm a pretty big fan of Texas (I have a daughter that graduated from there), LSU (where I originally intended to go to college) and Navy (I tried to get into the academy).

My parents went to Penn State, and I was raised and remain a fan. I know it's not popular on this board, but I also pull for the 'Horns. I love watching just about any college football I can find, and have a whole lot more teams I like to root against (e.g., Miami, OU). But I definitely bleed green.

I'll always be loyal to the U of Georgia, my undergrad alma mater and my home state university. It was the first state university chartered in the country (1785), but didn't have its first students until 1801. UNC beat us to the actual title of oldest state u because it admitted its first class in 1795.

However, we do have that Damn Good Dog.

Uga VI

Notre Dame is my other team. I have a ton of friends from a previous job that are attending/have attended there and I try to make a trek there every year.

There are few places that give me chills like a Fightin' Irish football game in South Bend.

North Texas

Texas, my first college football "team"

Houston, remember my dad taking me to watch them play back during the Andre Ware/David Klingler years.

After that I generally root for Texas teams. I LOVE watching SEC football. Some of the most talented athletes and most die-hard fans in the nation.

Edited by Eagle1855

First its most definitely North Texas.

For college football I have always been a pretty big Miami fan....always loved their uniforms, school and the fact that they've been really good for a long long time. I'm definitely a Canes backer.

For college basketball I guess I would have to say that I am a pretty big Duke fan but mainly because the greatness of Coach K. In addition to Duke, I have always backed and support Georgetown basketball....always a fan of John Thompson and now his son.

Edited by Green Mean

Guest GrayEagleOne

I was born in Fayetteville, AR and grew up my whole life and still religiously watch the Razorbacks. I spend most of my life in Denton and graduated UNT in 1999. The two teams are definately in two totally different ends of competetion so that it makes it definately easier for me.

Yes, but on September 29 those two different ends are going to meet. Who are you rooting (pun intended) for?

Sorry, about borrowing the thread for a moment.

Yes, but on September 29 those two different ends are going to meet. Who are you rooting (pun intended) for?

Sorry, about borrowing the thread for a moment.

Well I never root against Arkansas. Ever. However, I do think it would be funny if the eagles beat the hogs if for nothing more, it would seal Nutt's end. It would also of course be a great win for the eagles. This would be my dream, though I don't think it will happen. DMac and Jones will probably mow through the eagle defense.

As to where I will be sitting - probably in the sea of red. I can get better tickets by buying them on the day of the game then now - and I for sure don't have enough "Points" through the UNT athletic department to buy them here.