Nt Players That Have "bulked" Up?

I was reviewing the current FB roster (which never seems to be accurate) from

MeanGreenSports.com I began to notice the players weight numbers. There are

many players players listed with no changes on their weigth since they were fresh-

(DT, Joe Miller, still at 6-3, 275 for example). On the other hand, there are several

players that appear to have"bulked" up more now, vs last years weight numbers.

Here are few players that I noticed changes on their weight listing.

DE Draylen Ross, 6-3, 280lbs. Last year at 245lbs. I remember when Draylen was

first recruited, DD said he could really get bigger--looks like he has! Possible DT?

OL Estaban Santiago, 6-5, 302lbs. Last year, 275lbs. I hope that is muscle gained!

DL Isaac Thomas, 5-11, 300lbs. Last year 289lbs. Can he become a clone of "Booger"

DE Blake Burruss, 6-7, 275lbs. Last year 254lbs.--NFL DE numbers?

OL-Center Kelvin Drake, 6-2, 310lbs. Last year 299? Keeps getting bigger!

DL Montey Stevenson-Kennerson, 6-2, 290lbs. I not sure about this, but, last year

he went from 266 to 290. Spring game he was around 270? Is this his year?

DE Krail Krider, 6-3, 254lbs. Last year 245lbs. + 9 lbs!

LB Marquis Sykes, 6-3, 253lbs. Last year 245. +8 lbs!

Key players that are the same- I really wanted these guys to get bigger-stronger-maybe

they are, I sure hope so.

OL Tyler Baily, 6-2, 275

OL Mathew Menard, 6-5, 275

OL Robert Peachy, 6-5, 275

NT Joe Miller, 6-3, 275

OL Brian Carlson, 6-5, 280

What do I make of this report- just something interesting to write about!

It's good to see that some guys are putting on weight, but you're right it always makes me wonder how accurate these are. As you state their are some who haven't put on weight since they arrived, according to MGS.com.

DD signed alot of players on the D side of the ball in his last recruiting class. He was bringing in players to fit in the 3-4. It will be intresting to see how guys like Draylen Ross, Kail Krider, Marquis Sykes, and Sam Owsu-Heming end up doing here.

My biggest concern is the OL and DL guys. Are they big and strong enough to handle

the competition and the new offense and defense? I believe the OL guys can develop

to handle the blocking required by Coach Dodge. We only signed one OL guy for the

2007 class, Tomlinson,6-5,270, who will be a good one. Peachy,Drake,and Mathews

are young, and will develop for sure. I am really excited about how recruitingg is

progressing for the 2008 class, so I hope NT can land 5 or 6 of the OL prospects!

For the DL, this is my major concern, or, maybe I am too used to seeing the other

teams run up the middle any time a first down or 1-3 yards were needed. Not all

interior DL guys need to be 6-4 + and 300lbs, but it sure helps if the interior DL

guys are bigger to take on 6-4 to 6-7 OG's and OT's. (Oklahoma OL guys are 6-4

to 6-8, 300-350lbs). Again, I do like the talent Coach Dodge and his staff are busy

recruiting, for both the OL and DL.

My second concern is depth at OL and interior DL-ie:NT and DT. Our DE's will be good

as well as our LB's, but, can our current interior DL guys play a full season? Who backs

up who when a breather is needed, or one gets hurt? I can see possibility of both Desoto

and Scroggins playing as true freshmen this year.