Watch Out Smut Is On The Board.

NTPhiKap99

Not that I disagree, but I had to ask: why don't the SMUers acknowledge it as one?

Come to think of it, who do the 'stangs consider their rival? Every possibility (besides us) that comes to mind (TCU, Tech, etc) disregards them like SMU disregards us.

--SMU seems to respect no one and therefore no one really respects them....(their actions of the early 80's doesn't help them any) We probably get less respect from them than the rest because we are a local threat to them in the metroplex. You can also add to that that most others in the region were once the same conference as they were, we never were, and therefore "could not possibly be an equal". I guess they think if they put their head in the sand long enough and ignore us that we will just go away....

--I don't think it is a normal rivalry because from their point of view they fear us replacing them as the "team of Eastern Metroplex if not the the entire Metroplex". From our point of view [ at least from those of us who have seen what they have done for several decades..] we just hate what they have done to harm us. This not just all the games that have been played in the past as is mostly the case of OU/UT..... this is much deeper ...it is all about respect and not just games..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66