Watch Out Smut Is On The Board.

NTPhiKap99

SMUt just got their first two committments Ladarrius Gunn of Paris and Cole Beasley of Little Elm both are 5'9 and weigh in at a combined 315lbs. How are we ever going to keep up with a power house like them.

I hear they run 3.2 40yd dashes and bench 600 Lbs each though...real freakish athletes.

I was also told they would never play at tU because they were too short :D

SMUt just got their first two committments Ladarrius Gunn of Paris and Cole Beasley of Little Elm both are 5'9 and weigh in at a combined 315lbs. How are we ever going to keep up with a power house like them.

I hear they run 3.2 40yd dashes and bench 600 Lbs each though...real freakish athletes.

I was also told they would never play at tU because they were too short

I was just messing around...I haven't heard crap...just making a joke

my how quickly we've gotten big heads over recruiting...

I hope we maintain a certain level of class as our program continues to grow. We dont need to act like Texas Tech fans just because we are finally out-recruiting a has-been in our market. I'll get excited when we start consistently pulling in better classes than TCU. That will tell us a lot about the direction of our program.

I hope we maintain a certain level of class as our program continues to grow. We dont need to act like Texas Tech fans just because we are finally out-recruiting a has-been in our market. I'll get excited when we start consistently pulling in better classes than TCU. That will tell us a lot about the direction of our program.

Good point. Just to add to that, I think we should wait until our current recruits actually prove something on the field.

...all in good fun though. Now I await the "Screw that, SMU has belittled us for years. They deserve this" replies.

Edited by greenminer

Lighten up...even SMU (ponyfans) is poking fun at the measurements of these recruits. I don't think we've "gotten big heads" and I certainly wouldn't compare our comments to Tech fans! :huh:

I hope SMU burries NT this year to make up for that humiliating lose last year. If i remember it right NT put in Woody Wilson at qb and he dominated our d but he wasnt very success the rest of the year. My question is does anybody know if he's still the qb there?

Wow. Daddy must be proud of all that money he spent on Junior.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p...64bc1e73279b547

While i am still 100% insistant that we are not rivals with SMU...man those snobs are so arrogant that I just can't resist joining in the fun. I signed up for Ponyfans...my name is "David Stanley 87-88" and I'm curious to see how many of their posters know their SMU football history with that name.

While i am still 100% insistent that we are not rivals with SMU...man those snobs are so arrogant that I just can't resist joining in the fun. I signed up for Ponyfans...my name is "David Stanley 87-88" and I'm curious to see how many of their posters know their SMU football history with that name.

Those Phonies are too busy arguing w/ each other because everyone has to be right all the time. The board is pathetic , most need to buy a sense of humor & not be so " internet tough".

..David Stanley.. I was young then , but didn't SMU get in trouble for some kind of recruiting violation with him or something ????

Man, I think I look forward to the SMU game more than any other game this season. I want to beat (again) SMU so bad that it hurts. I cannot wait to see an OU style meltdown in their forum! September cannot come soon enough!

Edited by chrisfisher

Good point. Just to add to that, I think we should wait until our current recruits actually prove something on the field.

...all in good fun though. Now I await the "Screw that, SMU has belittled us for years. They deserve this" replies.

OK...

Screw that, SMU has belittled us for years. They deserve this.

Ahhhhhh, nothing like a little SCOREBOARD to enhance your FIGJAM experience. :P

Man, I think I look forward to the SMU game more than any other game this season. I want to beat (again) SMU so bad that it hurts. I cannot wait to see an OU style meltdown in their forum! September cannot come soon enough!

----Spoken like a true North Texan... and one that has been a NT supporter for 20 or so years that understands what those "dogs" have said and done to us.. They have earned our disrespect with their words and deeds. This not just the a normal school rivalry....

This not just the a normal school rivalry....

Not that I disagree, but I had to ask: why don't the SMUers acknowledge it as one?

Come to think of it, who do the 'stangs consider their rival? Every possibility (besides us) that comes to mind (TCU, Tech, etc) disregards them like SMU disregards us.

Edited by greenminer

Not that I disagree, but I had to ask: why don't the SMUers acknowledge it as one?

Come to think of it, who do the 'stangs consider their rival? Every possibility (besides us) that comes to mind (TCU, Tech, etc) disregards them like SMU disregards us.

If SMU acknowledged us as a rival, that would put (in their minds) us on equal footing or stature with them. We need to whoop their arses again, and then they will HAVE to respect us, or at the very least fear us. Come on September....