What A New Stadium Is Doing For Ucf

LongJim

Below are a couple of posts from another board about UCF's new facility, which has been talked about here before, but a bit more information regarding it's effects--probable, and possible--(so far) on other aspects of the UCF program. Bold text is mine.

"Will the stadium be packed on most saturdays? every saturday? or just big games? I'm wondering how supportive the students at UCF and the alumni are for their school. I would think a school the size of UCF and with the location, and a brand new stadium would sell out pretty easily also considering it is still just 45K."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's the $64,000 question.

Since UCF has never played on-campus before...no one really knows...which is why the stadium was built to start out with just 45,000 seats.

UCF is blowing away their season tix record this year...obviously with help from the on-campus stadium and obviously Texas game is a big draw.

UCF is now entering a new era...as for the very first time, UCF Students/Alumni will have VERY nice facilities for their 2 main sports (along with the new stadium, UCF is opening up their $110 Million Basketball Arena in Sept as well!).

Many classes of UCF Alumni have graduated and never looked back...as there hasn't been a reason for many of them to come BACK to campus.

Now...with a new football stadium, new basketball arena (going to be loaded with TONS of concerts/shows, etc...), along with the new $300 Million Athletic Village...UCF is about to EXPLODE!

Put UCF in a BCS Conference...and yes...those 45,000 seats would be sold-out every week.

Right now? With games vs Memphis, UTEP, Marshall, and Tulsa...probably not...but building a foundation of 35,000-40,000 fans week in and week out...UCF will be off to a very good start.

FYI...UCF is basically following the Louisville "method"...where they built a mid-size stadium (42,000 seats) back in 1997...averaged around 35,000 or so for most years...and now have sold-out crowds...and are planning an expansion of the stadium. (2005 BCS Membership helped obviously too).

No one knows what the future holds for UCF(UNT?)...but if there is "conference change"...and an opportunity opens up for BCS membership, at least now UCF(UNT?) has the facilities IN PLACE and the market (Top 20 TV Market) and school (now 6th largest in USA) to help any conference prosper."

North Texas has a brighter future than UCF.....

UCF is off to an amazing start....

Our new stadium will do more for us than what theirs can do.

That's a mighty statement considering they are an enourmous university sitting in the middle of Florida, one of the top recruiting spots in the country.

The first high school seniors who entered what is now Central Florida are around 58 years old now.

The first high school seniors who entered the year they added Division III football are around 46 years old now.

The first high school seniors who entered the year they went to Division I-AA football are around 35 years old now.

Florida is a tough place to build a following. The Sunshine State is the Bermuda Triangle of college football (UF, FSU, UM). It that respect, UCF's situation is similar to ours. Lone Star natives are usually of the Texas, Tech, or A&M persuasion.

?? Univ. of South Florida had no football program 10 years ago and is now in the Big East. UCF is the 6th largest university in the country (according to them).

I agree we need a new stadium, ASAP. It will help our image greatly as that "other" program in DFW. Then we work on a new conference.

Updated UCF stadium photos (click "view other galleries" to the right) : http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/view.gal?id=4...=player_gallery

Edited by NT80

I defend my statement

in saying that florida is a small state with alot of competition with D-1 schools

we are in a great recruiting area, DFW area, Oklahoma, and the Bay cities (Houston area)

There is so so so much potential here ( rivalries (TCU, SMU) , donors, and location)

We just need to put them all together.... Any new announcements on the stadium.....

Florida is a tough place to build a following. The Sunshine State is the Bermuda Triangle of college football (UF, FSU, UM). It that respect, UCF's situation is similar to ours. Lone Star natives are usually of the Texas, Tech, or A&M persuasion.

I'll give you Texas and A&M, but I'm not conceding anything to the ass-clowns in Lubbock :D