Td Vs. Dd

UNTflyer

Dodge has already done what Dickey never did.............. get off your ass and recruit. In all the years at Southlake, Dodge was never approached by coaches at UNT about kids who can play at the next level. NEVER.

Dickey never had any relations with Texas high school coaches. He was too big for that. He had a policy of never extending an offer until the completion of a kid's senior season. To my knowledge, this is fact.

Dodge has an arrogance to him (just being honest), their is no doubt about that...but he also backs it up with hard work, disclipline, and character. His teams play with swagger.

This will be the challenge of his life. I like so many, are betting that he can pull it off.

Can Dodge out coach Dickey? Who knows, but he has definitely out worked him in a very short period of time with enthusiasm and connecting with Texas High School coaches, who are the pipe line for getting and finding top notch players, who do not go to the Big 12.

Bring it on TD, bring it........

Dodge has already done what Dickey never did.............. get off your ass and recruit. In all the years at Southlake, Dodge was never approached by coaches at UNT about kids who can play at the next level. NEVER.

Dickey never had any relations with Texas high school coaches. He was too big for that. He had a policy of never extending an offer until the completion of a kid's senior season. To my knowledge, this is fact.

Dodge has an arrogance to him (just being honest), their is no doubt about that...but he also backs it up with hard work, disclipline, and character. His teams play with swagger.

This will be the challenge of his life. I like so many, are betting that he can pull it off.

Can Dodge out coach Dickey? Who knows, but he has definitely out worked him in a very short period of time with enthusiasm and connecting with Texas High School coaches, who are the pipe line for getting and finding top notch players, who do not go to the Big 12.

Bring it on TD, bring it........

I think that you are correct on every single point. Those are the reasons why it's going to be difficult to retain his services long term. His ambition will make him successful and we need to poise the program to be able to satisfy that ambition. TCU has done that with Patterson and had done an outstanding job to retain Fran.

Man where do you get your info? It might have been time for a change at UNT, but I hate when people post things on this board and everyone just assumes that they are facts. UNT recruited Southlake (I didn't say well) during Dickey's time with the mean green. How do I know this? Because I personally sat down with coach Dodge and talke d about kids who could play at the next level. Dodge is great Dickey was horrible we got the point already. Now can we finally move on?

Man where do you get your info? It might have been time for a change at UNT, but I hate when people post things on this board and everyone just assumes that they are facts. UNT recruited Southlake (I didn't say well) during Dickey's time with the mean green. How do I know this? Because I personally sat down with coach Dodge and talke d about kids who could play at the next level. Dodge is great Dickey was horrible we got the point already. Now can we finally move on?

Pfft... what do you know? You were only an actual coach of the team during the tenure everyone is constantly complaining about. Just because you were there and actively involved in everything, you think your word is more significant than the combined dumbassery of a legion of internet fans? HAH!

Seriously, though... thank you for posting this. I bolded the statement in your quote because I love it. Just because it may have been time for a change, doesn't mean that the previous regime was actively conspiring against the best interests of NT football. If you could maybe clarify for everyone that Coach Dickey didn't devote his time to intentionally losing games, eating babies, worshiping Satan, or anything else along those lines, I'd appreciate that, too. Not that I expect it will make much of a difference... it probably won't take more than a two days (if that) before the "Dickey and his coaches never bothered to _____" crap starts up again.

Thanks, coach, and keep posting.

Dodge is great Dickey was horrible we got the point already. Now can we finally move on?

Dickey wasn't horrible, I believe he never really wanted to be at North Texas. He came off as someone who could not be bothered with the little NT fans. It appeared he thought he was better than the job. I might be wrong, but that is how he came off to me and many other alum. I was one of the few DD supporters on the board for the past three years.

The biggest problem I had with him was his bunker down mentality that came across to me as "IT'S DARRELL DICKEY AGAINST THE WORLD." It seemed he passed the same mentality to the players. I liked Coach Dickey when I dealt with him, but I never thought he believed he could turn NT into a dominate team. Even though I have had no personal dealings with Coach Dodge, since his days under Dennis Parker, I beleive he presents a confidence that many of our alumni need to support the University.

Am I glad that Todd Dodge is at NT? Yes. Was I sorry to see DD go? No. I respect Dickey as a coach and a man, but I am not sorry he is at Utah State.

I feel bad for you Coach Archie, because I think you are an upcoming coach, who is still loved by the MEAN GREEN family and fans. I just hope that your short stint with Coach Dickey did not derail your path to coaching greatness, which I saw in you when you were a player at North Texas.

Brett Tulloss

I appreciate it, and no he was not horrible I owe alot to dickey as well as the University of North Texas. I definately would not be where I am today without either of them. I'm also excited about Dodge being here. I just hope this is the last post about what Dickey didn't do and we concentrate on what Dodge will do.

dumbassery is a great word.

Here, here!

If you could maybe clarify for everyone that Coach Dickey didn't devote his time to intentionally losing games, eating babies, worshiping Satan, or anything else along those lines

I agree, I think he did this unintentionally. :ph34r:

Edited by UNTLifer

Wikipedia can be altered by anyone unless a moderator steps in. Obviously, an idiot North Texas "fan" did a hatchet job on the coach who took us to four consecutive bowls. Nice. It really does show what type of people follow our program...sadly.

Coach Archie:

You guys did a great job. I went to UNT back in the early 90s and we were horrible. Many of us who post here do appreciate the success Coach Dickey and his staff brought to the school. We'd have loved to have had it years ago when we were in school. Best of luck to you all always.

I agree. Let's move on and forward. This debate is not even and "apples to apples" debate. Give Dodge 5 years or so and then debate it if you want.

Nice. It really does show what type of people follow our program...sadly.

Every program has a few idiots that follow them, but you can't label an entire fanbase based on the actions of a few. DD called us MFer's and RF charged a fan in the stands, but I don't say all of our coaches act that way.

DD called us MFer's and RF charged a fan in the stands.....

Yes, and he could have continued to do so, continued to run off the remaining fans we had left with his attitude towards his employer and never gain another top 10 defense that would allow his conservative system to somehow find it's winning way ever again and yet the Fake Lonnie would still be apologizing for him.

Rick