Nt Vs. Ou: 2003 Game Summary

NT80

Brings back a few memories from reading this article; I do remember the large crowd and it pouring rain in the first quarter......

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...mp;ATCLID=67986

Photos from a sooner fan's site:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/95139333CxvjiH?vhost=sports

You will also note the class act that is Bob Stoops. After pulling to a comfortable lead in BOTH games there, Stoops pulled ALL of his starters and played the backups for most of the third and fourth quarters. I can think of another Big-XII coach who could have done that, but didnt. As for the OU trip, yes... it rained BOTH times we were there. They also stuck us in those corner seats, all jammed in like sardines. I would take it personal, but they do that to everyone who plays there. Still, Meen Green Football is greatness anytime...in anyplace.

Bring on the season and the spread offense!!!!

GMG!!!

“They are a very good defense,” said North Texas head coach Darrell Dickey. “And at times we got frustrated on offense and made some mistakes. We left our defense on the field entirely too long and offense we must be more effective.”

No $hit! That's because you wanted it that way coach! Goodgrief! Scott Hall, responsible for 71 of our total 79 yards of passing on 3 of 6 attempts, means Andrew was probably allowed to throw once, bringing our total pass attempts to 7. Wow, that will back 'em off won't it?

Deep breath!

I hope the newbies around here will excuse the rest of us for falling out with excitement when we attack people with the pass this year.

Rick

It's ok to be excited about the forward pass, but we will be a running team too! Whatever they give us.

I'm a UNT "newbie" and can't wait to watch the ball fly around Fouts Field. Hopefully, you "old " fans will accept the new guys? Wife and I got our tickets yesterday and August can't get here soon enough! Obviously, huge fans of Coach Dodge.

See you at the games!

Brings back a few memories from reading this article; I do remember the large crowd and it pouring rain in the first quarter......

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...mp;ATCLID=67986

Photos from a sooner fan's site:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/95139333CxvjiH?vhost=sports

I was there.....yes the rain came down down quite a bit. Our defense was excellent. For those of you going this year be prepared to watch the video screen to actually have a good view as you will be tucked in the corner of the back of the endzone. Also you might not be able to hear the band as they were seated at the the very TOP of the section behind the endzone!!

It's ok to be excited about the forward pass, but we will be a running team too! Whatever they give us.

I'm a UNT "newbie" and can't wait to watch the ball fly around Fouts Field. Hopefully, you "old " fans will accept the new guys? Wife and I got our tickets yesterday and August can't get here soon enough! Obviously, huge fans of Coach Dodge.

See you at the games!

First let me say, if it hasen't been said already, welcome aboard. And yes, I've already posted myself that SLC ran 51% of the time last year, but they ran when they were suppose to by smartly taking what the defense gave them. Hopefully you and the family will never see a commitment to the run from the likes of what Mean Green fans have had to endure these past 9 seasons.

I too was there in '03 and like Talon90 stated, our defense held their own against much greater odds that day, because that was what they were used to. In fact, I don't believe NT had a single major non conference win under DD that the defense did not score? And because of that I simply say to our new recruits this August:

Welcome to the "Gary DeLoach Football Practice Facility". <_<

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick