V.Dunbar.Lance.2.JPG

7. Lance Dunbar

All-purpose back

Haltom City (TX) Haltom HS

Ht: 5-foot-9

Wt: 185 lbs

Class: 2008 (High School)

Speed: 4.5

Jr. Stats: 207 rushes for 1,100 yds and 13 TD's, 48 receptions for 714 yds and 2 TD's, Jr. First Team All District 5-5A Lance was a transfer to Haltom HS from New Orleans De La Salle. Lance chose NT over offers from Virginia, Oklahoma State, and Colorado.

He's impressive enough - he chose NT over offers from Virginia, Oklahoma State, and Colorado.

He had offers from all three. Is rate 5.4 on rivals one step below 3star. And it doesn't looking like he's been to any off season camps and run yet so we have no combine numbers.

Here is the list that Scout.com has for NT committments notice the Commit Date for Dunbar and Barrett.

The only one they don't have is Riley Dodge, which Rivals has. However Rivals doesn't hane Barrett listed.

Pos Nat'l Rank Nat'l Rating Name School, Hometown Video HT/ WT/ 40 Commit Date Signed LOI? Commit School

WR NR Kenny Barrett (Mart HS) Mart, TX 6-4/190/4.60 07/04/2007 North Texas

RB NR Lance Dunbar (Haltom HS) Haltom City, TX 5-9/180/4.49 07/03/2007 North Texas

WLB NR Derek Tomlin (Carroll HS) Southlake, TX 6-0/200/4.50 06/22/2007 North Texas

OT NR Eloy Atkinson (Los Fresnos HS) Los Fresnos, TX 6-4/270/5.00 06/04/2007 North Texas

S NR Darien Williams (Vernon HS) Vernon, TX 5-10/180/4.60 06/02/2007 North Texas

QB NR Willie Taylor (Hillcrest HS) Dallas, TX 6-0/175 05/29/2007 North Texas

DT NR Troy Franklin (Celina HS) Celina, TX 6-4/250/5.10 05/29/2007 North Texas

Lance Dunbar, who goes about 5-foot-9, 180 pounds (not to mention rips off forty times in the high-4.4 range), bolsters the North Texas running back corps after choosing the Mean Grean over the Colorado Buffalos, Oklahoma State Cowboys and Virginia Cavaliers.

"I had already established a good relationship with the coaches at North Texas and so I committed," Dunbar on why he chose the Mean Green. "Plus, I like how the dorms, practice field, locker room and weight room is centrally located on the campus. Everything is really close together."

Don't forget the relationship Dunbar, who has clocked a 10.8 in the 100 meters, fostered with North Texas wide receiver coach Clayton George.

"Coach George is my former head coach at Haltom," Dunbar explained. "So, I'm real familiar with his style. Plus, I think he's a great coach... And a great person on and off the field."

Let's have a look at the Fort Worth Area tailback's production last season as junior below...

JR Stat Package: "Over 1,100 yards rushing, 14 TDs, 750 receiving yards, 2 TDs.

Track-And-Field Exploits: "100 meters: 10.8; 200 meters: 21- or 22-second range; Long Jump: 21-feet; Triple Jump: 43-feet. And I run on the 4x100 and 4x200-relay teams.

More Numbers to Consider...

Weight Room Numbers: "275 Bench, 245 Incline, 385 Squat, 265 Power Clean."

Academics: "3.5 GPA, 1200 SAT (w/out essay)."

OK great stuff but didn't we cover all this 2-3 weeks ago when he committed.

North Texas adds in-state running back — 6/11/2007

Haltom City, Texas all-purpose back Lance Dunbar wanted to stay close to home and this week, he made it official with his commitment to one in-state school. Dunbar was a first-team all-district performer as a junior

RICE, UNT STAY ACTIVE (6/22/07)

Both Rice and North Texas have new head football coaches entering their first year at the Division I level. So far, both are showing a strong knack for earning early commitments.

Rice picked up its third pledge from the '08 class, landing Montgomery ATH Xavier Webb. A quarterback at the high school level, Webb can play several positions and is listed as a Top 12 athlete in the Texas Top 300 in this year's DCTF. UNT, meanwhile, added Haltom RB Lance Dunbar last week. Dunbar is listed as a Top 20 RB in the Top 300. His high school coach last year, Clayton George, is now a member of Todd Dodge's staff at UNT.