Summertime Barbershop Pod

Harry

Nice job by all. I would like to add a couple points.

You guys mentioned T.Dodge maybe being lured in the future to a coaching positon at UT. Originally, when Riley was going to UT I could see that happening during his career there. Now however, I think that has been effectively delayed a few years longer perhaps until Riley finishes his UNT career. It doesn't hurt our chances of keeping dad longer!

In reference to playing SMUt this year you mentioned they will be facing a new UNT offense and the same basic defense that stopped them last season. Another factor will be that T.Dodge has faced SMUt QB Justin Willis a couple times in high school, and beat him. So along with our game tape he'll have from last year's game, Dodge should know Willis' tendencies and how to defend him rather well.

In reference to playing SMUt this year you mentioned they will be facing a new UNT offense and the same basic defense that stopped them last season. Another factor will be that T.Dodge has faced SMUt QB Justin Willis a couple times in high school, and beat him. So along with our game tape he'll have from last year's game, Dodge should know Willis' tendencies and how to defend him rather well.

Great point J. I know we are changing back to the 4-3 but we still have basically the same personel, and this time we will even be deeper at DB with Roman coming in. From my comments, I simply felt that SMU will again get a dose of something new that they had not seen much of prior to our game, just like they had never counted on WW's mobility last year. It's going to be exciting to see how it plays out as the pressure will be on them, not us.

August can't get here fast enough for me.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Great point J. I know we are changing back to the 4-3 but we still have basically the same personel, and this time we will even be deeper at DB with Roman coming in. From my comments, I simply felt that SMU will again get a dose of something new that they had not seen much of prior to our game, just like they had never counted on WW's mobility last year. It's going to be exciting to see how it plays out as the pressure will be on them, not us.

August can't get here fast enough for me.

Rick

We are also deeper at DE with Gilmore coming back. I could see him driving teams nuts as a pass rusher.

Harry mentioned that some alumni/fans now expect North Texas to go up and beat OU this year.

I don't know about other people's expectations, but mine has always been that the coaches and players for North Texas will show up to every one of their games wearing their "I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE" attitude.

That's all I've ever asked. And when that happens, then the wins over the OU's and UT's will take care of themselves.

Let's see, I think our fight song covers this issue.

"Victory's in store, what'er the score

Our team will ever fight, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

I don't believe that there is any phrase and/or line in the fight song that goes "Now Realistically".

Realistic thnking is for bookies or oddsmakers.

But if you want think like a fan, then look up the definition of "fanatic" and then proceed accordingly......but then realistically you'll need to give up betting on football games. ;)

Oh, BTW Great job on the broadcast guys. I'm especially excited at the prospect of having a post-game call in show/broadcast.

Edited by SilverEagle

Harry mentioned that some alumni/fans now expect North Texas to go up and beat OU this year.

I don't know about other people's expectations, but mine has always been that the coaches and players for North Texas will show up to every one of their games wearing their "I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE" attitude.

That's all I've ever asked. And when that happens, then the wins over the OU's and UT's will take care of themselves.

Let's see, I think our fight song covers this issue.

"Victory's in store, what'er the score

Our team will ever fight, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

I don't believe that there is any phrase and/or line in the fight song that goes "Now Realistically".

Realistic thnking is for bookies or oddsmakers.

But if you want think like a fan, then look up the definition of "fanatic" and then proceed accordingly......but then realistically you'll need to give up betting on football games. ;)

Oh, BTW Great job on the broadcast guys. I'm especially excited at the prospect of having a post-game call in show/broadcast.

Realistically, the odds are probably 1-50 that we ever beat OU in Norman, but there is that one game when everything falls our way and we will win a game, like vs Tennessee et al. Could this be that year? I wouldn't want to miss that one game when it does happen...BE THERE! And sign up for the Exes' Bus too.

OU Game Ticket = $47

Exes Bus Ticket = $30

See Dodge's first game = Priceless :D