Mustangs Talk About Riley

greenminer

notable quotes:

Wow. Texas to N. Texas. Way to go pal, you just ruined your career. I'd rather ride the bench behind Colt McCoy for 2 years and get my shot than play for some crappy team nobody cares about that will get no attention.
Todd Dodge and his son will most likely get more media coverage for UNT in the D-FW market in the next 5-6 years than SMU will get in the next 10 years.

I wonder when Todd replaces the current coach, will his son come with him?

thread link

I've been visiting that forum a little bit more lately. Most posters think we have some inferiority complex, and that we're a school "nobody cares about." But there's been evidence in the past that other rich $MUs, who aren't board active, will go to great lengths to make sure UNT is never in a superior position in regards to football/bball. Why did that attitude begin in the first place? I dont' know how you can realize our advantages concerning enrollment size, location, media market, and just blow it off as some small "teachers college" up north that's not worth stepping on the field with, decade after decade.

*sigh*

lets just beat the s. outta them.

The first quote shows their idiocy and ingorance. Bottom line, Riley would've never seen the field as a QB in Austin. He will get every chance to run NT's offense under his father. He's already proven he's more than capable enough to do it and NT has shown they're in need of consistency at the QB spot. Win-Win-situation for Riley, Todd, & NT football.

SMUt just hatin' on a playa. They'll really be hatin' on us when NT stomps a mudhole in 'em at Ford. :devil:

notable quotes:

thread link

I've been visiting that forum a little bit more lately. Most posters think we have some inferiority complex, and that we're a school "nobody cares about." But there's been evidence in the past that other rich $MUs, who aren't board active, will go to great lengths to make sure UNT is never in a superior position in regards to football/bball. Why did that attitude begin in the first place? I dont' know how you can realize our advantages concerning enrollment size, location, media market, and just blow it off as some small "teachers college" up north that's not worth stepping on the field with, decade after decade.

*sigh*

--- I don't give a frap what they think.. As a group (there are a few good ones) theyz act as if they are superior to everyone (not just us) but know they aren't. Their efforts to put us down (including name calling ) is just an indication that they know they can not compete with us if put into an equal situation (same conference etc. ).

---They remind me of a former beauty queen whose looks have faded and now just lives in the past.

---kick smu's rear and make it hurt... They no longer accept reality....Love the Woody Allen quote by one of their posters, it may be the most accurate comment there.

...THE OLD GREY PONY AIN'T WHAT SHE USED TO BE.!!!

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I wonder when Todd replaces the current coach, will his son come with him?

I just love how everyone thought that we were stupid to hire a HS coach but yet he hasn't even coached one down as a D-1A HC and everyone is hoping he'll be their next coach. I've seen similar comments on the TCU, TTech and UT boards.

It's just amazing to see some SMU fans downgrade UNT. Do they not realize they are just a irrelevant in the national media? In fact they are less relevant considering the press Dodge has brought to UNT. They still seem to be living 20 years in the past.

That's exactly it. They are not the story here in DFW and that's what pisses them off.

It's just amazing to see some SMU fans downgrade UNT. Do they not realize they are just as irrelevant in the national media? In fact they are less relevant considering the press Dodge has brought to UNT. They still seem to be living 20 years in the past.

I defer to the "black letter" addition in the signature below. :rolleyes:

notable quotes:

thread link

*sigh*

Idiots. Why does anyone make a statement that could eventually bite you in the ass. Classless jerks to say something about a kid who has busted his ass and really struggled with a decision, and lets face it, it could change again, several times.

I love how they imply that SMU is such the renowned program for recruitment. Like who DREAMS of playing Football for smut? Playing ball there is like going to eat at Dennys. You dont plan on it, you just end up there.

A lot of these SMU turds are just people you see on the board. I have a ton of SMU friends and they like and respect UNT as an academic institution and as a athletic institution.

A lot of us UNT'ers always talk about our power of enrollment, size, top media market and etc but I believe that we fail to realize that all of that is no good if we are not utilizing it. We have all of those things but since when has it helped us in raising money for different programs throughout the university? As a school we are never in the media and it does not necessarily have to be about sports but just as a school in general. Atleast from a backing standpoing SMU can say scoreboard to us. That is not to say it cant or wont change but we do need to face the reality for now.

Most of us UNT'ers always haggle SMU on their death penalty to be frank with you the NCAA screwed them and totally killed their athletic program. Every university in this nation deserves the death penalty in some way because they all cheat.....it just so happens SMU was the lone man out that got it in their arse. I've always wondered why we pay attention to SMU so much and care what they think and say because to be frank with you guys they really dont give a rats arse about us so lets just forget what's going on at SMU for once.

This reminds me of Kevin Kolb at UH. He committed to OK State and Art Briles was hired as UH's HC. Kolb then decommits to OSU and goes with UH. He knows the system and is a great QB and starts from Day 1 and gets drafted by the Eagles early in the second round. Kolb has more of an NFL build (height-wise) and Riley is more like Briles' son Kendall, also a top high school QB who signed at UT and played safety for a year before transferring to UH to play for his dad. Best wishes to the MG. This was quite a pick-up and excellent pub.

I've always wondered why we pay attention to SMU so much and care what they think and say because to be frank with you guys they really dont give a rats arse about us so lets just forget what's going on at SMU for once.

I agree 100%. We love to talk about how irrelevant they are in the college football world. Then why do some of our members spend so much time focusing on what they are doing or saying about us? Who cares? Let's focus on getting better as a program.

BTW...I know that we need a rival. SMU is not it. They don't care about us. They wan't to be TCU's rival and TCU (as a whole) doesn't want anything to do with them either. Let's not be be that school. The one that so badly want's to be rivals with another that could care less.

For the record, I think we should try to restart our series with NMSU and try and build a rivalry there. It was the closest thing to a rivalry that we had in the Belt. Or, approach UH and see about starting a home-away series. Could make for an interesting rivalry.

I'd love to schedule a home and home with Houston too. Perhaps they could replace SMU since they'll be afraid to reschedule us after we beat them two years in a row. Based on the coogfans.com thread about our stadium plans, their fans seem to be much more realistic, humble and respectful than those brats over at SMU, who insist on living in the past. Aside from that, Houston is a better team than SMU and it would be good for UNT recruiting in the Houston area.

I checked out the SMU board and it is amazing to me that there is a huge variation of posts. There are some very good, respectful, realistic posts followed by real ignorant a holes. I wonder what type of slam it is to continually refer to UNT as NTSU or is it simply a case of being stuck in the past when SMU had a few glory days. I think you have to be a little behind the times to call Texas State by Southwest Texas State but you would have to be an absolute moron to call UNT by NTSU. :blink:

I checked out the SMU board and it is amazing to me that there is a huge variation of posts. There are some very good, respectful, realistic posts followed by real ignorant a holes. I wonder what type of slam it is to continually refer to UNT as NTSU or is it simply a case of being stuck in the past when SMU had a few glory days. I think you have to be a little behind the times to call Texas State by Southwest Texas State but you would have to be an absolute moron to call UNT by NTSU. :blink:

And especially since it was a school called "NTSU" that last beat the Mustangs in Dallas--our only win vs. SMU in Dallas FWIW)

And what a sweet victory that was (and this when SMU was even a member in the now defunct Southwest Conference to boot). :)

whhhhoooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeessssssssss

He's coming to play here. End of story. We win. Game over.

Bingo. Lest anyone forget Riley had a scholarship offer from the ponies. Don't think that 99.9% of this venom they're spewing doesn't have to do with the fact that a kid they wanted, who just happens to bring with him press and buzz in their backyard, signed with the Mean Green. If Riley had orally committed to SMU he'd be predicted on phony fans as a 4-time Heisman candidate who was coming to resurrect them from the dead. (pun intended)

SMU is just sick because their QB situation sucks. They have no one behind Justin Willis. They offered Riley early and thought he might go there instead of playing for his dad, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

SMU is just hurting for QB's and could only wish they could have gotten Riley. The kid they recruited this year that they signed from Springtown throws as many int's as TD's. SMU only wishes they had Riley, Tune, and Vizza in their future. UNT is looking solid for several seasons.

Edited by Dodge2007