Looking Ahead At 2008 And Beyond Recruiting

gangrene

Recently, SLC has developed quite a factory for producing quality collegiate QBs. The 5A state offensive player of the year has gone to Carroll quarterbacks the last five years. In 2002, Chase Wasson (TexState) won it. Chase Daniel (Mizzou) won it in '03 and '04. Greg McElroy (Alabama) won it in '05 and Riley Dodge won it last year.

So....you might wonder...who's waiting in the wings to replace to Riley?? Well, one projected replacement for Riley Dodge at SLC is Junior QB, Kyle Padron (6'4", 190 lbs) who threw for 26 TDs at the JV level (5 in one game against Rockwall). I haven't seen him play yet but he definitely has D 1-A size and, if I'm not mistaken, he'll have several reasons to follow the SLC bandwagon to UNT; Todd Dodge, the SLC coaching staff and several SLC teammates including....his brother Justin???

A couple of other SLC QBs who could beat out Padron are Kyle Williamson, whom I've heard looks a lot like McElroy, or Tanner Toal, who was SLC's 3rd string QB this year.

There's also a Sophomore DL, Jackson Richards listed at 6'4", 260 in DCTF. Sophomore means he's what...15?? So, he's still a growing boy.

I hardly want to limit our recruiting to SLC but, hey...when you've got a pipeline going to the high school that's been the mythical national champions two to three times and has won 46 consecutive games, why not milk it for all it's worth???!!!