Nice Coverage On Channel 11

Smitty

Just saw the 10pm Ch.11 sports, more good UNT media...not sure about the "wanting to become the Boise State of the Southwest" comment; I guess I'd take a Boise-like win over Zero-U though! :D

Hmmm? Why would they even mention Boise State period? :rolleyes:

When is the last time Mean Green football was talked up as much in the media this time of year anyhow? B)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

When I talk to friends I always say that as an NT fan I'm looking for Boise type success. That's what my national championship is. In the Sunbelt we will most likely never get to a BCS Bowl. Ok we will never get to a BCS bowl. In this conference our best case scenario is to be a great mid-major that flirts with top 25 rankings. That to me is like my dream until we get into a better conference and hopefully that day will come. I always love the comparisons to Boise and that's the type of success we should shoot for.

If NMSU could make a BCS bowl then UNT can! Why such doubt? I lived in WAC country and those programs are not leaps and bounds ahead of the Troy. Boise, Fresno and Hawaii are solid, UNT, Troy and MTSU could make some noise - it just takes an undefeated season to get the country and polls rallying behind you, regardless of your league.

GMG

If NMSU could make a BCS bowl then UNT can! Why such doubt? I lived in WAC country and those programs are not leaps and bounds ahead of the Troy. Boise, Fresno and Hawaii are solid, UNT, Troy and MTSU could make some noise - it just takes an undefeated season to get the country and polls rallying behind you, regardless of your league.

GMG

Very true. If UNT can get an undefeated season or seasons with very high W/L ratios, then the polls will start getting behind UNT and bringing the rankings up. That should mean BCS bowl in pretty short order. If that doesn't work, then continued success at that level will mean conferences will start calling UNT with invites, and continued success in other conferences will mean BCS bowl.

Channel 8 mentioned Riley's decommitment to tU and he committed to NT. When was the last time Channel 8 mentioned NT in an offseason, much less a commitment in July.