Nt Exes Logo Hat At Lids Grapevine

emmitt01

Hummmmmm white on the front of the hat..... New white helmets....... might we be seeing a precurser to the new helmet design??? :thumbsup: I'd much prefer the locked NT to the script.

Hummmmmm white on the front of the hat..... New white helmets....... might we be seeing a precurser to the new helmet design??? :thumbsup:I'd much prefer the locked NT to the script.

That would be way too easy; dare they cave to the wishes of fans? <_<

By the way, did anyone take "yyz28" on his offer? The interlinked "NT" isn't on the helmet yet but you never know down the road?

Hey - a hat is a far cry from the Uniform. The people in charge of the NT image right now are too marketing savy to allow a non official logo to grace our Athletic Uniforms.

IF that logo ends up on a uniform, it would be a disaster. I am SO TIRED of this school trying to find a darn identity. The school's logos are set. They are being marketed. They should be used on any and all official NT images, including uniforms.

...I'm not arguing the good/bad of the interlocked NT. In fact, I personally really like the logo. I have a good amount of NT Exes gear, and I'll get that hat. ...but NT Exes is NOT the University of North Texas.

As I've posted several times now, well, don't take my word for it.

ShopMeanGreen

The official art slick fom CLC has the NT Exes logo on it, therefore property of UNT.

...but NT Exes is NOT the University of North Texas.

This is the third year that our lettermen/women will have that logo on their OFFICIAL letterjackets directly representing The University of North Texas.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

As I've posted several times now, well, don't take my word for it.

ShopMeanGreen

This is the third year that our lettermen/women will have that logo on their OFFICIAL letterjackets directly representing The University of North Texas.

Rick

Well, then I'll hold out hope for it being on the helmets. Small chance, but I can still dream. :D

Are there a lot of schools that put their EXES logo on helmets? I mean, I just can't see it. Whether it looks good or not is irrelevant. They have the logos by way of the branding. I imagine they will use one of those...

I think it is relevant. I don't know about other universities using their exes logos but I don't think that is a big deal. If it is the best logo, then use it. Period.

I think it is relevant. I don't know about other universities using their exes logos but I don't think that is a big deal. If it is the best logo, then use it. Period.

Well maybe everyone doesn't agree it's the best logo. Comma. We've got a perfectly good logo in the swooping eagle and it should be used as often as possible.

Edited by Eagle1855

We've got a perfectly good logo in the swooping eagle and it should be used as often as possible.

Yes, we have a perfectly good eagle. So do 5.1 trillion other teams out there at every level. It isn't recognizable. The interlocking NT is. I'm right and you're wrong. Infinity!!! :D

Yes, we have a perfectly good eagle. So do 5.1 trillion other teams out there at every level. It isn't recognizable. The interlocking NT is. I'm right and you're wrong. Infinity!!! :D

Well, I can't beat infinity, so I give up. You've got me this time, StanR, but I'm onto you.

PS, the eagle logo IS recognizable and looks to be timeless/classic- which is precisely what we need. That, and the exes logo looks like an A$M logo from afar...

• 3 weeks later...

My contact at "Top Of the World" called me today and, among other things, confirmed what I had already found out earlier from school officials about this hat getting produced. As was expected it was an accidental oversight plain and simple. If your still wanting one you had better get out and get one as it looks as if it and the other styled one like it will be the last. The loudest statement that can be made by fans of the interlinked "NT" is for these hats to be bought, regardless if you like the style or color. Otherwise you, I and the rest who want to utilize the interlinked logo without the word "Exes" on the front will have to continue to make our own gear and wear it proudly.

I'm not going to air out our universitie's laundry over this ugly mess any further but will be happy to discuss it further with anyone in person as I suspect many will have a lot of questions about it. And with that, as the saying goes, "If you have nothing nice to say....

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

My contact at "Top Of the World" called me today and, among other things, confirmed what I had already found out earlier from school officials about this hat getting produced. As was expected it was an accidental oversight plain and simple. If your still wanting one you had better get out and get one as it looks as if it and the other styled one like it will be the last. The loudest statement that can be made by fans of the interlinked "NT" is for these hats to be bought, regardless if you like the style or color. Otherwise you, I and the rest who want to utilize the interlinked logo without the word "Exes" on the front will have to continue to make our own gear and wear it proudly.

I'm not going to air out our universitie's laundry over this ugly mess any further but will be happy to discuss it further with anyone in person as I suspect many will have a lot of questions about it. And with that, as the saying goes, "If you have nothing nice to say....

Rick

Well, that would certainly be the case with hats. Unless I'm overlooking something, you can't even buy a "exes" hat on this web-site.

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?Merc...p;DeptID=101771

They have pretty good button downs, but I got a better one from "shopmeangreen.com".

I'd be willing to guess that shopmeangreen.com would also be glad to produce their own version of the NT Exes logo hat, if they had enough interest.

AND if they had an organization to work with that had equal parts of imagination/vision and huevos.

AND if they had an organization to work with that had equal parts of imagination/vision and huevos.

Then it will NEVER happen!

Edited by GreenBat