Brandon Jackson

NT03

Been a few days since I posted a poll , so I've had an itch. Topics are slow , but here is a question I asked myself today. Will Brandon Jackson top 1000 yds rec this year ?? He will have to go up against our opponents best corner each week , and may have to catch passes from a few different QBs. No doubt Jackson will be asked to carry the load since the WRs are the youngest group on the team.

* This has been another poll presented by NT 03 *

Edited by NT03

I agree with Got5, 1K is hard to get, and even in our most wide open days (just about any year before Dickyball) we've only had four 1000 yrd receivers.

1966, John Love, 1130

1968, Barry Moore, 1053

1969, Barry Moore, 1130

1994, David Brown, 1013

And we've had only three close calls besides that.

1965, John Love, 994

1982, Marvin Walker, 934

1988, Marcus Camper, 938

The ball is going to be spread around for B-JAX to get that many yards. Casey and the rest of the incoming freshman are going to have some serious touches as well. Anyone hearing anything about the new receivers that are working up at school this semester during summer workouts?

I would like for Jackson to make the 1000yd mark-but- with the 4 and 5 receiver

sets, the ball will be spread around. I do think Jackson will have some exceptional

games this year. I do not want one guy to be the only go to guy on the team. With

Fitzgeral, and the new WR recruits up grading the WR talent, I see multiple guys

that can be the star of a particular game. Right now, if there is one guy that can

make 1000yds, Jackson would be the favorite.

I voted no. Jackson obviously has the tools to produce, but hasn't in the past. I don't know if that is from the QB's always looking for Quinn, a bad passing offense, a poorly conceived passing offense, or what.

---Those 1000 year seasons duing the '60 were done with only 10 games, not 11, or 12. Enjoyed watching John Love....he was not all that tall but could really get high in the air..... He was also on the basketball team as a bench player that got quite a bit of playing time even though we in the MVC playing Louisville, Cincinatti, Tulsa, etc.

---Those 1000 year seasons duing the '60 were done with only 10 games, not 11, or 12. Enjoyed watching John Love....he was not all that tall but could really get high in the air..... He was also on the basketball team as a bench player that got quite a bit of playing time even though we in the MVC playing Louisville, Cincinatti, Tulsa, etc.

John Love was what we all hoped Ja'Mel Branch would be....but never was.

Love was about 5'9"/5'10" X 180lbs. He could go after the ball alright, but my favorite play to watch was the dump off pass and watching him "shake and bake" for his YAK's. My other favorite thing was watching him return punts. It always brought the crowd to their feet when he got the ball and started heading upfield.

To add to your versatility comment, he was also the PAT and field goal kicker for the team.

I voted no. Jackson obviously has the tools to produce, but hasn't in the past. I don't know if that is from the QB's always looking for Quinn, a bad passing offense, a poorly conceived passing offense, or what.

Which of the 5 QB's was looking for JQ to much?

Poor passing offense??? What are you talking about?? We slung the ball around a good 15 times a game in DD ball.

Reasons why I said yes. Plus the fact we went to the same HS, and him being my adopted player.

No, he wont have a 1000 yard season. The spread offense gets the ball to everyone, which will cut down on his yardage...BUT, I bet he gets at least 10 TD catches!

Here's to at least having a discussion about a 1000 yard receiver? In the old system, We would be discussing the greatness of Truman Spencer.

GMG!!! ;)

No, he wont have a 1000 yard season. The spread offense gets the ball to everyone, which will cut down on his yardage...BUT, I bet he gets at least 10 TD catches!

Here's to at least having a discussion about a 1000 yard receiver? In the old system, We would be discussing the greatness of Truman Spencer.

GMG!!! ;)

Blake Cantu had 1200+ yards.