Nt Ex Pk Jason Ball

NT03

Jason ball...great kid...super kicker. He deserves a chance for an NFL tryout this year. Sure hope he gets an opportunity. He has a "leg" more than good enough for the NFL. We'll see if he gets the chance...also...he can punt. You just can't punt in Arena Ball, so he doesn't get the chance to show what he can do when it comes to punting. My wife and I went to Denver to see him play earlier this year...great time, great kid....priceless!

Jason ball...great kid...super kicker. He deserves a chance for an NFL tryout this year. Sure hope he gets an opportunity. He has a "leg" more than good enough for the NFL. We'll see if he gets the chance...also...he can punt. You just can't punt in Arena Ball, so he doesn't get the chance to show what he can do when it comes to punting. My wife and I went to Denver to see him play earlier this year...great time, great kid....priceless!

He will also be playing next Monday the 25th, same time, same station against the Eastern Division Champion, Dallas Desperados, for whom Evan Cardwell played last year. Mysteriously Evan has been on the injured reserve list all year until two weeks ago when his name disappeared from the roster. I've asked the Desperados office what happened to him as he had a great rookie season in 2006, but I got the run around with no clear explanation. We could learn a lot from the AFL as far as promotions and marketing as they really make attending their games fun and extremely kid and fan friendly.

I totally agree. We should send our promotions staff...do we HAVE a promotions staff???...to the Desperados to talk with them and get some ideas. The few AFL games I have attended have been fun and very family friendly. When we were in Denver for Jason Ball's game, the entire team came out after the game and stayed around for over an hour signing autographs for kids, etc. It was a hoot and reminded me of how much fun it was to attend the old American Football League games with the Dallas Texans at the Cotton Bowl when I was a kid.

I totally agree. We should send our promotions staff...do we HAVE a promotions staff???...to the Desperados to talk with them and get some ideas. The few AFL games I have attended have been fun and very family friendly. When we were in Denver for Jason Ball's game, the entire team came out after the game and stayed around for over an hour signing autographs for kids, etc. It was a hoot and reminded me of how much fun it was to attend the old American Football League games with the Dallas Texans at the Cotton Bowl when I was a kid.

So you want them to do what they already have the basketball teams do?

Perhaps the namesake of the Darrell Q. Dickey memorial practice field was not a fan of that idea? I can think of several meet the player events in the last few years where the team dropped the ball on getting a promised player to join the UNT staff, leading to several confused and angry children wondering why some a-hole in a polo was handing them a poster.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I had never been to a Cowboy game until the Texans moved to K.C. The difference in fan treatment by the Texans vs. the Cowboys was and still is the difference between night and day.

I agree and did the same but am surprised that you did. Texan owner Lamar Hunt was the consummate SMU alum/supporter.

Lamar Hunt was a CLASS ACT all the way around...even if he was a big SMU supporter. I met Lamar Hunt one morning at around 5:00AM in the back of a pick-up truck. We were volunteers at a youth soccer tournament in McKinney (his son and mine played within the same soccer club, but on different aged teams at the time), and the call came out to help put nets up for the days games. I jumped in the back of a pick-up and there was one other guy there volunteering. I introduced myself and thanked him for helping....he held out his hand and said only "I'm Lamar Hunt". Couldn't believe it...one of the richest guys in the world, riding in the back of a pick-up volunteering at 5:00AM to put up soccer nets at a youth soccer tournamnent. PRICELESS! But, that pretty much says what Lamar Hunt was all about....we need some more Lamar Hunts in this world. :D

I agree and did the same but am surprised that you did. Texan owner Lamar Hunt was the consummate SMU alum/supporter.

Norma, his wife, was my high school history teacher, but she resigned at mid term when she became Mrs. Hunt. Norma is an NT grad and former alumni association President if I recall correctly. Her aunt was Mrs. Killian who worked in Agnes Tritt's shop in Denton Center on University Drive for many years. Lamar flew them up to Chiefs' games often to sit in the owner's box. Lamar Hunt was a big exception to the SMU stereotype, but the ONLY ONE I've ever heard of!!!!!!!!!