Shame On Me!

I played in a fire department charity golf tournament today at a local private country club. I noticed early on that there were a lot of tU fans playing in the tournament and low and behold up for bid during the silent auction was an autographed football by Darrell Royal. So not missing out on an opportunity to make more friends I bid .75 cents and it remained so until the end of the auction(minimum bid was $100). During the dinner, and towards the end of the auction someone noticed the bid and was laughing and talking about it up at the bid table when someone(I can't imagine who?) yelled out nearby "I'll give $300 for that football if you could get Hayden Fry's name on it" and a couple of oooh's and laughs from a table of Aggies and Red Raider's broke out(I was shocked that they got the joke, knowing who Hayden Fry is and all). Finally right at the end of the auction someone walked up and gave $110 for the ball.

Pretty funny, had to be there I suppose?

Rick

:innocent:

Oh Rickey!!!!!! Shame on you for not getting it on tape, posting it on YouTube, and sharing the entire experience here. Nice ZING on the tu-ers.

As for golf...was every hole a water hazard? Probably needed scuba gear on some of the low areas. Probably needed Swift Water Rescue on some of those creek shots. Put a life vest or water wings on the ball for the casual water.