Wow, Troy Fans Sure Are Confident

emmitt01

Wow their confidence is soaring. I hope not, but I think they're going to get a huge slap across the face regarding BCS/officials' usual bias against the Belt.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hang close in one of those games and lose on a VERY controversial call.

Edited by greenminer

And the hits keep comin'

The fact is that arkansas is probably one of the weaker ooc games we have had in awhile.
And another

Georgia is a top level SEC team, but I think Troy can hang with them. I don't know if we can beat them, but we can keep it close.

And one more

I think we will play Florida closer than the other teams. They will not be the same team they were last year. That and we seemed to handle LSU pretty well when they were coming of a national championship title year.

By their logic we should easily hang with Arkansas, blow out SMU and Navy and run the belt sans the "clash of titans" with Troy. I mean, we only lost to the mighty Troy Trojans last year 14-6 last year IN THEIR HOUSE with a coach who had given up. I'm feelin better and better about our season by the day. :blink:

They may be confident but look at how they did in their last game. They put it on Rice in a bowl game. After the bowl win against Cincy, I'm sure a great deal of the Mean Green nation was drinking the same koolaid as the Trojans.

I believe it was Harry who ran a thread asking if any SBC school would ever go to 4 bowl games in a row. I would have said that that could have been Troy U had he asked that question about the middle of last season; but with our hiring of Todd Dodge, I don't think Troy U will get a 4 year bowl run.

One thing I think we have all noticed is how the SBC has (probably) improved across the board as far as better "in conference" football competition is concerned. We should keep in mind that new Mean Green HFC Todd Dodge will (most likely) have a tougher SBC to compete against in this first few seasons than his predeccessor did during most of his 8 years in Denton).

We have solved one of our major problems at UNT with the hiring of Todd Dodge, but he will not hang around Denton for long if we don't convert lip-service to foot-service and get him (and all of us) a new (legitimate) NCAA D1-A football stadium; you know, just like the one that Troy U has (but hopefully ours about 10K seats larger).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't agree with their confidence but I gotta say I like the attitude...

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6706

Here's an exerpt:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....that's the difference between us and many of the other schools in the SBC. We believe that we can win ALL the games we play.....from the players to the fans, we BELIEVE!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.....that's the difference between us and many of the other schools in the SBC. We believe that we can win ALL the games we play.....from the players to the fans, we BELIEVE!

tsufan, there are many of us who really do admire what your school has done in such a short time at the NCAA D1-A level. Yall have a "can-do" spirit that I feel UNT is beginning to regain (in some areas). We all watched with amazement when yall opened your stadium with a national televised win over the #17 ranked Missouri Tigers. FWIW, we were all TU Trojans that night.

Actually, there was another era when Mean Greeners everywhere believed we could beat just about anyone on our schedule and many of us now think those happy days are here again.

Good luck in 2007 (except you know which Game Day).

PS: And tsufan, tell all my Alabama cuzzin's in Bessemer, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa and the Birmingham area (from my late mother's side of the family) a good old fashioned Texas..................HOWDY! :blink::)

GMG!

tsufan, there are many of us who really do admire what your school has done in such a short time at the NCAA D1-A level. Yall have a "can-do" spirit that I feel UNT is beginning to regain (in some areas). We all watched with amazement when yall opened your stadium with a national televised win over the #17 ranked Missouri Tigers. FWIW, we were all TU Trojans that night.

Actually, there was another era when Mean Greeners everywhere believed we could beat just about anyone on our schedule and many of us now think those happy days are here again.

Good luck in 2007 (except you know which Game Day).

PS: And tsufan, tell all my Alabama cuzzin's in Bessemer, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa and the Birmingham area (from my late mother's side of the family) a good old fashioned Texas..................HOWDY! :blink::)

GMG!

I have some kin folk in Huntsville as well. Man, that is a nice area to live!

I seem to remember a bunch of us (myself included) predicting wins or close games against Air Force, Arkansas, Colorado, etc. after some of our more successful seasons.

I think we all found out just how much more recruiting we really needed to do back in that era stealth or no stealth recruiting methods. DD had better facilities than any other head football coaches in UNT's history, although we still know how far we're behind in that area. We all know what we need to do to keep folks like Todd Dodge around MG Country a few years because if you worked at J.C. Penney's for $100K a year but Neiman Marcus offered you $500K to do the same job anyone would have to think about that--if nothing else you would have to listen to such an offer if you had a family to consider and support.

--In 2006, they lost to Florida State by 7, Georgia Tech by 15.

--in 2005, they had a rather bad year

--in 2004, they defeated Marshall and Missouri, and lost lost to highly ranked LSU by 4.

--in 2003, they defeated Marshall and UAB.

--In general they have not fared all that poorly lately .... and with a little luck, and no unfriendly refs, they could win several more games they most people expect them to win. You have to have some confidence in yourself and believe that good things are possible.