Mean Green Priorty Point System

greenjoe

I got this today (Sat). It's a way to determine who can buy out of town games.

Season ticket holders get points for this and prior years (up to 5 years-2 points per year), and 1 point per $100. contribution to the Mean Green Club.

Point ranges are 1-10

11-49

50-99 and so on. Each point range allows that season ticket holder to purchase up to 2 tickets, (1-10) 4 (11-49) 6 (50-99) and so on.

As if you needed a reason to join the Mean Green Club, here's the best reason ever.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Someone is always going to complain. Thanks for taking the initiative.

I just think it would be better for the program if they give people a couple weeks to place their orders. The order forms are arriving on Saturday and are due back on Tuesday.

Good thing I wasn't on the road this week.

Also of note is that the 2-pt per season ticket thing is capped at 10 pts. Thus, to get to the 11-49 point level you have to make at least a $100 donation.

Is it capped at 10 points, or 5 years? Cause we buy two season tickets every year and have 11 points total including our MGC donation. So does that mean I can get up to 20 points for season tickets? It's not very clear on that.

I'm guessing it is 2 pts per ticket per season, based on my point total.

Edited by UNTflyer

I just think it would be better for the program if they give people a couple weeks to place their orders. The order forms are arriving on Saturday and are due back on Tuesday.

Good thing I wasn't on the road this week.

They are probably due by then because Wednesday is when the away game tickets go on sale to students.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Is it capped at 10 points, or 5 years? Cause we buy two season tickets every year and have 11 points total including our MGC donation. So does that mean I can get up to 20 points for season tickets? It's not very clear on that.

I'm guessing it is 2 pts per ticket per season, based on my point total.

I believe that it's 2 points per season ticket holder. not per ticket. If you have been doing the buying then your account earns up to 10 points as a continuous season ticket holder. Of course, the point earned for the donation is maxed out at 1,000 over the 5 year period. I don't think that any of us (except Mo Green) need to worry about the high end as that would total $100,000.

I believe that it's 2 points per season ticket holder. not per ticket. If you have been doing the buying then your account earns up to 10 points as a continuous season ticket holder. Of course, the point earned for the donation is maxed out at 1,000 over the 5 year period. I don't think that any of us (except Mo Green) need to worry about the high end as that would total $100,000.

ya, it's per ticket holder....i bought 4 tickets this year and gave 500....therefore...i've got 7 points. 1 per 100 given, 2 per season ticket holder (first year for me)

Are they not counting this year, because this is my second year as a season ticket holder and last year I donated $250 to the MGC, but I've only accumulated 4 points?

Yes, they are counting this year. Did you miss a year as a ticket holder? It has to be continuous seasons.

Got my "points sheet" too...interesting. Glad to see we are initiating something like this, but it is interesting to me...I don't recall any sell-outs at UNT games in the last few years....like say 20 plus years (some close calls, but no sell-outs)....and don't recall there being any cahllenge to get away tickets...the OU tickets are tough because they give so few to us...the visitor seats at OU are BAD and limited for everyone...hey, they sell out for their own fans...that's the way it should be at UNT, and maybe it will be one of these days...we needed to set up some system and this seems fair enough....I goofed when I did my President''s Council thing and forgot to send some of the donation to athletics...I send other monies for that...but it did "hurt" my points total...hey, live and learn. I know better now. I give a thumbs up to the athletic dept. for coming up with what appears to be an O.K. system...better get it in place now, as if things continue to improve, it will be "harder and harder" to get good seats for UNT home games...HOPE SO...that will mean we are winning! Go Mean Green...join the Exes and join the Mean Green Club. Tough to call it a club...doesn't do anything that I can recall as a "Club"...but, hey, call it want you want...just join! Support the GREEN!

Am waiting patiently for Quoner's comments about all the "..." between clauses. Come on...I know you are out there somewhere just ready for a "Quoner" comment! <_<

I sent the ticket office an email yesterday and they replied today that they were mailed Friday. Sure enough, the info was in the mail today. I was able to reconcile my points after reading the explanation. It seems to imply that you have until July 20 to get your ticket order in and then they will allocate according to points. Doesn't seem to be a first-come, first-served scenario.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Got my "points sheet" too...interesting. Glad to see we are initiating something like this, but it is interesting to me...I don't recall any sell-outs at UNT games in the last few years....like say 20 plus years (some close calls, but no sell-outs)....and don't recall there being any cahllenge to get away tickets...the OU tickets are tough because they give so few to us...the visitor seats at OU are BAD and limited for everyone...hey, they sell out for their own fans...that's the way it should be at UNT, and maybe it will be one of these days...we needed to set up some system and this seems fair enough....I goofed when I did my President''s Council thing and forgot to send some of the donation to athletics...I send other monies for that...but it did "hurt" my points total...hey, live and learn. I know better now. I give a thumbs up to the athletic dept. for coming up with what appears to be an O.K. system...better get it in place now, as if things continue to improve, it will be "harder and harder" to get good seats for UNT home games...HOPE SO...that will mean we are winning! Go Mean Green...join the Exes and join the Mean Green Club. Tough to call it a club...doesn't do anything that I can recall as a "Club"...but, hey, call it want you want...just join! Support the GREEN!

Am waiting patiently for Quoner's comments about all the "..." between clauses. Come on...I know you are out there somewhere just ready for a "Quoner" comment! <_<

In this mailing the priority system is for the OU and SMU games, both of which may be in high demand for the number of seats alloted. Since OU can sell out for any game, they allot a very small number so there could be more demand than supply. I'd also bet that SMU will limit us to only a few thousand so that we don't outnumber them in their own stadium. This system will assure our larger donors that they will not be left out of any away game that they want to attend.

It will also prioritize home seating as well. Realize, we don't have to have a sellout for there to be decent seating available for our donors and season ticket holders. I expect under Dodgeball you will see a bigger demand for seating in sections D, E, and F. Would you want to tell a new first time $1,000 donor and season ticket holder that he has to sit in Section A? Me, neither. And, I wouldn't even buy end zone season tickets and I've been a fan for 60 years.

I think that this is a good, fair and equitable system that will eliminate much of the acrimony that would exist from preferential treatment, which occurs at some "sellout" universities.

The only grip I have is that I am a 8 year alumni season ticket holder who travels at least once every year to see the Mean Green....three trips to Austin, two to Norman, two to New Orleans, two to Lubbock, one to Baton Rouge, and it looks like I might be edged out of tickets to Norman this year because of the season ticket cap system (max 10 pts)

I fear the first year Southlake fan who bought season tickets and donated $1000 will be at the game instead of alumni who have supported this program through thick and thin!

Granted I had the opportunity to donate just like everyone else, but with two small children and a wife at home it is hard to donate on a teachers salary, especially when I am at Fouts 5-6 weekends a Fall tailgating etc.......

For UNT's sake I hope I do get edged out and we have 2K+ fans cheering on the Mean Green.

I WILL be there by ebay, scalping, hook or crook. I just dont want to be the only one in th upper deck with a Mean Green shirt on in a wave of hillbilly crimson!!!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I faxed in my order for 2 OU and 2 SMU tickets. They ran my card. I assume that this system will work like Indy...I may be in the field of allocation today but I can get bumped by someone in the next couple of weeks with more points. I assume they would run a credit to my account if I didn't make the field on July 21. For the record, I have absolutely no problem with this system. It seems to be a fair way to allocate scarce resources (tickets) among the faithful who want them. I will be disappointed if I end up watching on TV but I won't feel $hit upon.

From what I can gather Big12 schools (OU) only have to allocate around 3000 tickets to us (not sure if league teams get more) but the SEC (Arkansas) allocates 8000 to visitors. Anyway, the band, player's parents, staff, admin, etc. and some student reserved also have to come out of this amount. SMUt may have just limited the size of their visitor's sideline section (sorta like we do), but I'm sure endzone non-reserved will be available at game time (hey, it's a SMUt home game...always plenty of empty seats!).

Edited by NT80