I thought the Co-MVPs were Robert Horry and David Stern? They also should send Baron Davis a ring, for not having them face the Mavs.

Oh well, it's almost football season and Dallas fans know pretty well what that trophy looks like...

trophies.jpg

Touche Coach.

And it's too bad no one likes the Spurs. I believe it was the lowest tv audience in Finals history.

Coach, I hope you like those five trophys, because the SPURS will win at least 3 more before the Cowboys win another NFL ttle.

Thought you Mavs fans might want to see what the NBA trophy looks like and a look at the Finals MVP.

From Deadspin:

A fitting final shot of the Larry O'Brien trophy - surrounded by crappy beer, in Cleveland, with no one watching it...

• Downvote 1

Touche Coach.

And it's too bad no one likes the Spurs. I believe it was the lowest tv audience in Finals history.

Lots of folks love the Spurs... I think people were not interested in the game because they already knew the outcome. Had Detroit another stronger team played San Antonio you would have seen more interest because it would have been more of a match up. Cleveland never had a chance and everyone knew it. Go Spurs!

Edited by chrisfisher

Had Detroit another stronger team played San Antonio you would have seen more interest because it would have been more of a match up.

Just like when they played a few years ago. The air was electric.

The ratings were going to be bad no matter who they played because the Spurs play boring basketball, there is no way around it. When you combine that with playing probably the worst Finals team I have ever seen, the ratings are going to tank. Yes, they won, but it was terrible to watch. I love basketball, and want to watch basketball, but it was rough, no getting around it.

Edited by Coach

I don't think the Spurs will be appreciated until after Duncan retires and he has his 4(or 5...or 6) Championships. They'll be a team history regards much more fondly than in the present public perception. I would say of this generation Tim Duncan is arguably the best player. Shaq would've been to me if he could've stayed more consistent with his play and consistency, but he wasn't in shape enough - even during alot of the Laker's dominant years.

The ratings were bad because no one cares about pro basketball any longer. A bunch of overpaid cry babies. What an absolutely boring game it has become. Did not watch 5 min. total of any of the final games with San Antonio, but am glad to see the Spurs win. I don't think any of them were arrested this year on a gun violation were they? The NBA needs more David Robinsons to bring it some class and to show folks that NBA stars can do something more in the off-season (and during the season) than get arrested, start fights on the court, etc., etc.

O.K., so I am not a pro basketball fan. Could you tell? :blink: