Recruiting; Which Positions Are The Toughest To Recruit Top-

gangrene

I think the O-line has to be up there pretty high. Every year it seems all the top-rated offensive linemen consistently get snatched up by the elite schools such as Michigan, Ohio State, USC, Texas, OU, etc. I was just checking the Rivals OL list for 2008, and this year is already starting to resemble past years.

I also found this kid from Brenham, Desmond Carr, who is listed at 6'7", 380 lbs. Isn't TD good friends with the Brenham HS HC? I know big doesn't necessarily translate to good and that probably has even more relevance in TD's offense, but you've got to imagine it would take a defender a little bit longer to get around someone that big?

And, while I'm at it, check out this monster at 6'11", 305 lbs.

I would say the DT/NG position. Every school in the country wants quality DT/NG's.

Many of the big boys sign guys because they are big-hoping they develop.

Speaking of big guys- Troy's multi star DE, Gales, 6-6, 290+lbs, juco, signed with

their 2007 class, has been moved to NG. Will ancor thier DL.

Does Dodge's system allow for a little flexibility here? With DD's run first ask questions later approach we needed big beef up front, but Dodge's approach seems to spread the line out a lot. I wonder if there are qualities he looks for in O-Linemen (speed) that might be overlooked elsewhere.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF OU !!!!!!!!!!

I agree with you in that it has to be the OL. Specifically, tackle. The problem you run into with all offensive lineman is agility and strength. 6'8" 380lbs looks good on paper, but guys that big have to be freakishly strong to have the ability to move at the D1 level. Pass blocking is so important at the next level and a lot of high school lineman are not asked to do it enough.

It's easier to find an interior lineman(G, C) because of skill required in blocking DT's & NT's. However, good tackles are hot ticket items like elite RB's & QB's, IMO. They have to be able to block the best athlete on the defensive line in Defensive ends. They need soft, quick feet to stay in front of the guy and great upper body strength to impede a bull rush while moving back.

That's what separates the BCS schools from mid majors, IMO. Many of the interior lineman at BCS schools can play tackle at most mid majors. There is no vice versa....

Edited by Got5onIt