College Football's Worst Uniforms

As long as there is an Oregon, this is a one-team list.

FWIW though, they are spot on with Wyoming, and to a lesser degree, Utah. Syracuse is a fairly good idea (throwback-type uni) poorly executed.

Nothing wrong with ND. Iowa St. is KC Chiefs redux. Clemson: Horrible shade of orange. Wussy pinstripe on pants. Hair Force would be ok except for the highway stripe down the sides. Delaware: Are we the SL Rams? :)

016133764.jpg

Delaware:: Now that's an entirely original uniform. I wonder if they've ever played Michigan with that on. I'm also not a fan of those letters; maybe they need a thin white outline, or maybe it's the shade of blue and the shade of yellow clash. I think Michigan uses a darker blue, closer the helmets. I don't know if I could take myself seriously wearing football uniform so close to someone else's. Even the Rhode Island rams have it better, especially since Delaware's mascot is the Blue Hen.

War_M_04.jpg

Wyoming:: I sure hope that's a throwback uniform, because Brown uniforms are out, ask the San Diego Padres. When I was a kid, I always thought the SD Padres were the guys that couldn't make the SF Giants roster because they sucked too bad. At any rate, the color scheme is really bad and his jersey looks like it was made by the same people that did the black Dickey jerseys.

ORegon2.jpg

Oregon:: Their yellow shoulder version of this isn't too bad, but those steel-plate diamonds gotta go. They have some cool cuts to their uniforms, but I think the colors are all wrong, especially when the scheme is 90% yellow. Either way, those steel-plate things aren't working.

Edited by meangreendork

At least Seven of these are NIKE. Two ADDIAS, ND and Rhode Island. Couldn't tell what Wyoming was.

Glad NT's going with UnderArmor.

Notre Dame Green...WTF. Classic jersey.

Air Force - Great helmet. Uniform...eh.

Delaware - How is that uniform so different from Michigan?

First thing I thought of for bad uniforms was Oregon Ducks. Neon colors that hurt the eyes and the metal...design...thingy on the shoulders.

I put my puke emoticon up for Oregon:

barf.gif

Edited by gksmith

Guest GrayEagleOne

I totally agree with Long Jim that Oregon is in a class by itself but let me give them credit for one thing....they finally got a decent looking helmet.

I posted some of these before:

Clemson's orange unis are not that bad, but their purple ones... http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/...s_in_action.jpg

Florida State's black unis...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/407042.jpg

Gator's two-toned jersey....

http://www.gatorzone.com/football/images/s.../1130634228.jpg

Edited by NT80

Before yall rip Delaware too much, they have been using that helmet design since 1951 according to the helmet project. So in my opinion, at some point over the last 50+ years it became a legit tradition. Michigan began using it in 1938, and even they ripped it off someone else...Princeton. So it isn't even necessarily Michigan's design.

Notre Dame Green...WTF. Classic jersey.

Air Force - Great helmet. Uniform...eh.

Delaware - How is that uniform so different from Michigan?

First thing I thought of for bad uniforms was Oregon Ducks. Neon colors that hurth the eyes and the metal...design...thingy on the shoulders.

I put my puke emoticon up for Oregon:

barf.gif

Typically referrred to as "Diamond Tread"......Yes - very stupid looking.

Delware could've at least made it a point to use a different uniform design. Their uniform is a set of ringer stripes away from being Michigan's uniform.
Perhaps you should bone up on the history of Delaware's helmet. UoDelaware Helmet History

Funny, they've embraced the helmet that Dave Nelson brought with him to every institution he coached at, but we're scoffing at the idea of Dodge bringing his white helmet here.

I see nothing wrong with the Notre Dame uniforms. If they made the top 10, how come Penn State is not on the list?

I don't see anything wrong with them, either. If anything, they're bland; just solid colors with no striping. They're in the same catagory as the Giants and Raiders jerseys; there's nothing on them except the generic athletic number font.

I see nothing wrong with the Notre Dame uniforms. If they made the top 10, how come Penn State is not on the list?

I think it was specifically the GREEN jersey uniform... hideous. It just isn't Navy-Notre Dame without the confusion of "Which team is which?"

Perhaps you should bone up on the history of Delaware's helmet. UoDelaware Helmet History

Funny, they've embraced the helmet that Dave Nelson brought with him to every institution he coached at, but we're scoffing at the idea of Dodge bringing his white helmet here.

Coach got me up to speed on the Michigan/Delaware/Princeton thing. Same helmets, but uniforms should be more different, different stripes, panels, something. Dunno how so, but they're awfully close. Michigan's got a darker uniform and lacks collar and sleeve stripes. Princeton has the helmet in black/orange and with quad stripes on the shoulders with side panels. It actually looks kinda cool, especially in white. Makes me think of the Bengal unis.

YDHSBYSBWDTOETA.20060920184322.jpg

I also thought most of us were okay with white helmets? It's pretty close to what UNT had way back when wasn't it?

Edited by meangreendork