One More Reason To Hate Smu

As much as I liked Corky as a coach (only coach that sniffed 500 during our 1-AA years and some big victories over D-1 opponents), this was one of my least favorite NT games ever. It looked like our boys gave up that day, and more crap on the sidelines as some of our boys were letting some of the SMU fans get to them. A few birds were shot, cussing, etc., as memory serves. Not a proud day for the University.

As much as I liked Corky as a coach (only coach that sniffed 500 during our 1-AA years and some big victories over D-1 opponents), this was one of my least favorite NT games ever. It looked like our boys gave up that day, and more crap on the sidelines as some of our boys were letting some of the SMU fans get to them. A few birds were shot, cussing, etc., as memory serves. Not a proud day for the University.

DIDN'T THAT SMU WIN OCCUR WHEN SMU WAS USING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS TO CAUSED THE DEATH PENALTY..I CERTAINTLY WOULDN'T BE GLOATING OVER IT.

The Dallas Morning News had done a preseason story about North Texas football and mentioned how they'd beat the Mustangs by a 60-0 score. In the article, North Texas quarterback Scott Davis added to the fire when he said he'd seen SMU practice, and that they looked like "a high school team". He meant it as a reference to the youth on the squad, but the Morning News made it appear as an insult.

The Mustangs were fired up and kicked the crap out of North Texas that day. That was one of the two times that SMU has beaten North Texas in football during the last quarter of a century.

What does this say of a program that used to contend for the national championship? One of their top 50 moments is beating UNT for Homecoming?

It doesn't surprise me one bit.

Over on Ponyfans.com they have been discussing how over 75% of their fans view North Texas as their most anticipated game.

ponyfans.com

Well, it's just further proof of the fact that the North Texas game is SMU's Superbowl.