Billboard Campaign

UNTflyer

The athletic department should put a billboard up on I-35 with the upcoming home schedule. The electronic sign in front of Fouts is in a bad place. How much is a billboard? $400-500 a month? It might be a good investment.

:lol:

A billboard goes for thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars in DFW, especially along the interstate.

Then they should build one! What does it cost... $400-500 in lumber?

<_<

Good one. They probably would build one if the State would let them, however the State will not allow anymore billboards to be build on 35E. Not sure about 35W, but I do know for sure or at least a couple of years ago, they wouldn't allow anymore to be installed on 35E.

The athletic department should put a billboard up on I-35 with the upcoming home schedule. The electronic sign in front of Fouts is in a bad place. How much is a billboard? $400-500 a month? It might be a good investment.

The last I did research on this, a ClearChannel board on a less-traveled freeway was about $3k. I35E, especially through Dallas is gonna be something like 15k. Still I wish our school would do it. Here's hoping that it would in fact get more butts. The concern I have is that our product the last few years wouldn't attract many, even with Dodge at the helm.

We have a Billboard on the back of the Fouts Pressbox, perhaps update it with a simple, easy to read schedule. I'd like to see a large, lighted NT (son of worm) Logo put on the railing on North Texas Blvd bridge that spans over I-35E. Maybe line the NT property along the Interstate with NT flags. Anything to draw attention.

We have a Billboard on the back of the Fouts Pressbox, perhaps update it with a simple, easy to read schedule. I'd like to see a large, lighted NT (son of worm) Logo put on the railing on North Texas Blvd bridge that spans over I-35E. Maybe line the NT property along the Interstate with NT flags. Anything to draw attention.

Love those ideas.

I love that bridge idea!!

Then they should build one! What does it cost... $400-500 in lumber?

<_<

I agree, We need a Football billboard. If the opposition is cost for placing it elsewhere on I-35: UNT should make a giant one and place on the West side of the stadium, or on UNT property close to I-35, facing I-35.

I agree, We need a Football billboard. If the opposition is cost for placing it elsewhere on I-35: UNT should make a giant one and place on the West side of the stadium, or on UNT property close to I-35, facing I-35.

NT80 posted above:

NT80

Member No.: 38

We have a Billboard on the back of the Fouts Pressbox, perhaps update it with a simple, easy to read schedule. I'd like to see a large, lighted NT (son of worm) Logo put on the railing on North Texas Blvd bridge that spans over I-35E. Maybe line the NT property along the Interstate with NT flags. Anything to draw attention

Edited by UNTLifer

There is a Billboard on I 30 near my firestation, facing west on the North side of the hwy. It's just east of the downtown Fort Worth mixmaster that reads something like "TEACHING KNOWLEDGE...TEACHING HEALING....UNTHEALTH"(not exactly sure) and the thing is Blue and Red? I believe it's an ad for http://www.unthealth.org/? Of course, just as the UNTDallas and the UNT Law School will do absolutely nothing for the Mean Green, still, there you go..a billboard.

Rick