The Athlons Pre-season Mag Is Out

My friend, the great Green Grenade II, just called to say that the Athlons national college football pre-season mag is out. He said that there are 3 pictures of the UNT dancer, who we voted for a few months back (Caris Tschauner---not sure if I have her name right, but hopefully you know who I'm referring to--she won their national Sideline Spirit contest).

GGII said that they do a mini-interview with Caris (asking her why she went to NT; stuff like that).

More great publicity for good ole UNT.

(Normally, I wouldn't buy Athlons national mag, but this year I'll make an exception). Also, can't wait for Phil Steele's and DCTF.

Edited by Green Means Go!

My friend, the great Green Grenade II, just called to say that the Athlons national college football pre-season mag is out. He said that there are 3 pictures of the UNT dancer, who we voted for a few months back (Caris Tschauner---not sure if I have her name right, but hopefully you know who I'm referring to--she won their national Sideline Spirit contest).

hahashow.jpeg

GGII said that they do a mini-interview with Caris (asking her why she went to NT; stuff like that).

More great publicity for good ole UNT.

(Normally, I wouldn't buy Athlons national mag, but this year I'll make an exception). Also, can't wait for Phil Steele's and DCTF.

And isn't it great how www.GoMeanGreen.com played such an important part in this project succeeding? :)

I will also buy this Athlon magazine (although I haven't in years) and then (perhaps) many of us can email or write a letter to the Athlon staff for their part in making this happen? I once called & spoke to the main cog of Athlon back in the 1980's with some surprising results. I will say that they can be some very reasonable people over there (which I believe at that time they were headquartered out of Nashville, TN).

CONGRATS MEAN GREEN NATION & OF COURSE.............................OUR OWN CARIS ! ! ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

The mag is available at Hastings here in Denton.....so I'm sure most places (with magazines) would have it.

Minor, minor complaint: Almost all of Caris' answers have something to do with dancing and the dance team. Stuff like: "Why did you decide to go to North Texas?" (I'm paraphrasing here, but her answer was something like "to be part of a great dance team." I just wish she had praised the school some, all of her kudos were about the dance team.