Impact Of Early Commitments?

emmitt01

I look at rivals periodically and I have to say the number of players listing North Texas as an option has grown quite a bit recently. Could the players who have already committed have anything to do with this? I would like to think they do.

I also notice that we have 13 offers out there listed on rivals.

Coach Todd Dodge and his staff are doing a terriffic job!

I beleive their recruiting efforts will just keep getting better and better-

All of these kids keep up with who is going where. The more top athletes

that commit to NT will encourage other kids to take a close look at

what Coach Dodge and North Texas has to offer. All the kids want to

play for winning coaches and programs- exactly what Coach Dodge is all

about!

I am a little worried about two points. First, I really like the early commitments and I hope

NT can keep these guys. The second point is, later in the year and into football season,

there are always kids that develop and blossom late. I hope the staff has scholarships

available for the players later in the recruiting year.

I have been following NT football and basketball since 1967-I have never ever seen

recruiting for North Texas like this in the past. I am completely blown away! Amazing!

This is just the beginning of many great things to come our way! Take that to the bank!

I think that it only helps lend legitimacy to what we are trying to do at NT. The old way of recruiting was a "defeatist" attitude imo. Like we couldn't go toe to toe with other good programs for top area recruits. I think that TD and staff are only showing what we knew all along...That NT can be a viable option for highly regarded area talent.

I'd rather have the possibility of a big time BCS school coming in and stealing away a top recruit of ours on occassion (happens to everyone btw) than continue to play second fiddle to EVERY team in the state when it comes to recruiting.

I love the new positive attitude and these early committments are only going to act as a positive signal towards other area recruits that are currently considering signing with the Mean Green.

I see no down side yes we may lose a few kids but just having names on the board will get us more attention from higher caliber recruits. And I really don't see us missing out on anyone late because we don't have a ship to offer we'll get a handful of early recruits and still pick up the meat of the class in January.

Dodge is going to be a pipeline to Denton for all of this talent. It was one of the reasons I pushed for Dodge over the other names floating around back in December. He may not have the experience, but he knows high school football better than any coach out there.

Dodge is going to be a pipeline to Denton for all of this talent. It was one of the reasons I pushed for Dodge over the other names floating around back in December. He may not have the experience, but he knows high school football better than any coach out there.

Good point. Dodge also knows most area coaches. He has high school coaches directing him to talent they have. We are now welcomed in some schools maybe not-so-much in the past. Also, the early signings say "in your face" to the big programs, we're not intimidated like before. Same on the field on gameday!!

Good point. Dodge also knows most area coaches. He has high school coaches directing him to talent they have. We are now welcomed in some schools maybe not-so-much in the past. Also, the early signings say "in your face" to the big programs, we're not intimidated like before. Same on the field on gameday!!

It's not just area coaches TD has contacts with. I had a chance to interview the coach of that MTV reality show on high school football, Rush Propst. He is like the TD of the state of Alabama. At least I think it's Bama. Anyway, I asked about getting a college job and brought up that my alma mater hired a HS coach. I didn't even mention TD's name, just that it was North Texas and he proceeded to spend 5 minutes talking about how great he thinks TD is and how great of a job he'll do. Now just get him to send some talend our way!

It's not just area coaches TD has contacts with. I had a chance to interview the coach of that MTV reality show on high school football, Rush Propst. He is like the TD of the state of Alabama. At least I think it's Bama. Anyway, I asked about getting a college job and brought up that my alma mater hired a HS coach. I didn't even mention TD's name, just that it was North Texas and he proceeded to spend 5 minutes talking about how great he thinks TD is and how great of a job he'll do. Now just get him to send some talend our way!

The high school coaches all want Dodge to succeed, it affects their potential careers too. There has been a glass ceiling on high school head coaches moving directly into college head coach jobs. Dodge is seen as a trailblazer in that area for them.