Orlando Sentinental Article - 1 A Home Games

Interesting post from the muts board.

This topic is right on schedule

Published May 20, 2007

A few weeks ago, we took an early look at football schedules. We'll do the same today in different categories.

Eight of the 120 Division I-A teams have eight home games this season -- and half of those (Arkansas, Auburn, Kentucky and Vanderbilt) are in the Southeastern Conference. The others: Arizona State, Michigan, Rutgers and Stanford. Seven of the eight play no non-conference road games; Rutgers has one of its five non-conference games on the road.

Conversely, 22 teams have just five home games -- and only two of those (the Atlantic Coast Conference's Duke and Florida State) are in Bowl Championship Series leagues. Seven of the Sun Belt's nine teams (all but Arkansas State and Louisiana-Lafayette) and nine of the Mid-American's 13 teams (all but Ohio, Temple, Toledo and Western Michigan) have five home games. Of the remaining schools with five home games, three are from the Western Athletic Conference (Louisiana Tech, San Jose State and Utah State) and one from Conference USA (UAB).

The breakdown of games against I-AA members: The ACC has seven, the Big East has seven, the Big Ten has eight, the Big 12 has eight, Conference USA has seven, the Mid-American has seven, the Mountain West has seven, the Pacific-10 has two, the SEC has nine, the Sun Belt has eight (that number is skewed; more on that in a minute) and the Western Athletic has nine (Hawaii hasn't finished its schedule and may add another game against a I-AA school).

The Sun Belt's Western Kentucky, a provisional I-A member, has six games this season -- the most of any I-A school -- against non-I-A schools, including a Sept. 8 date against NAIA member West Virginia Tech. The only other I-A school with more than one game against a I-AA team is the WAC's New Mexico State, with two.

FULL ARTICLE

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/coll...lines-seminoles

Edited by MeanGreen61