Cobbs' Chances To Make Dolphins Just Went Up

GreenBat

Guest GrayEagleOne

With due respect, I just don't see how this enhances Cobbs' chances. They still have a lot more invested in Lorenzo Booker than they do Patrick and he will be given a much better chance to succeed.

We all know that Patrick Cobbs is NFL talent and should make it somewhere, maybe even Miami but he still has to beat out one of the existing RBs because I just don't seeing them cutting a third round draft choice.

Edited by GrayEagleOne

While I hate to sound negative , I don't think PCs chances are any better this year than they were last year. Barring injury the Phins are set w/ Ronnie Brown. Booker will be given every chance to be the #2 solid backup and Jesse Chatman is now in the mix and is a stud. The phins also might still wind up signing former 49er Maurice Hicks. I wish the best for PC , but right now I'm not expecting anymore than a 3rd string gig. Which is not bad considering that almost every NFL team is going to the 2 RB tandems and the 3rd stringer is one injury away. Good news for PC is that Miami only brought in 1 FA RB in the off season , Ray Perkins from SE Louisiana 05'.

While I hate to sound negative , I don't think PCs chances are any better this year than they were last year. Barring injury the Phins are set w/ Ronnie Brown. Booker will be given every chance to be the #2 solid backup and Jesse Chatman is now in the mix and is a stud. The phins also might still wind up signing former 49er Maurice Hicks. I wish the best for PC , but right now I'm not expecting anymore than a 3rd string gig. Which is not bad considering that almost every NFL team is going to the 2 RB tandems and the 3rd stringer is one injury away. Good news for PC is that Miami only brought in 1 FA RB in the off season , Ray Perkins from SE Louisiana 05'.

May 6, 2007 depth chart.....

http://www.phins.com/depth_chart.php

Here is an update on Patrick

Dolphins | Cobbs misses practice Friday

Sat, 19 May 2007 08:20:30 -0700

The Sun-Sentinel reports Miami Dolphins RB Patrick Cobbs (hamstring) did not practice Friday, May 18. Cobbs is expected to take part in the team's upcoming minicamp