Picture Of Johnny Quinn

GreenBat

Jersey numbers in the off-season don't mean a thing. Veterans will still have their numbers, but everyone else gets whatever's available during the pre-season. The Cowboys always have someone wearing #12 in training camp, but when the regular season rolls around, that number disappears.

If the Mighty Quinn makes the roster, then we can worry about what his number will be.

Very nice...I wonder about the jersey number.

If the Mighty Quinn makes the roster, then we can worry about what his number will be.

Ummm...it's a number. Who cares? Seriously, why are we "worried" about his freakin' jersey number. Let's be happy JQ is getting his shot. If he makes the roster, I don't care if they give him 673 and 1/2 for a jersey number.

Some of the things you people "worry" about scares the hell out of me. Kinda like when someone over at an airline industry forum I post in expresses "sadness" (complete with a teary-eyed smiley) when a 767 is retired to the desert and parted out. "SADNESS"? Over a machine? "WORRY"? Over a jersey number? Do you have some kind of emotional problem that may need the attention of a physician?

Seriously...if you want to "worry" about something, how about getting NT pointed in the right direction on a new stadium or getting people to buy season tickets? How about getting the students and other alumni involved in NT Athletics? Let's let JQ and the Bills figure out his jersey number without freaking out about it. News flash, people in internet forums have little/no power to change ANYTHING. Which makes me wonder why I'm wasting my time with this rant...

OK...rant over.

Edited by JayDub

I agree with Jay Dub.

And think about it this way....if Johnny makes the Bills he'll probably have to be a big time special teams contributor.

I remember a Dallas Cowboy who made a nice career......starting with being a special teams stud.

Bill Bates.

Remember what number Billy wore????????

After re-reading this thread, I realize that Tanker Sam might have been alluding to that same point, just not in so many words. Without trying to be critical, my point is essentially the same as JayDub's: don't get caught up in jersey numbers before the regular season.