Past Unt Helmets

trud1966

'63 and '67 were the best helmets, IMHO...

But, to reiterate what several others have said...let's just pick something and stick with it for awhile. NOT, however, that damn '94 helmet!!! :thumbdown:

Did anyone see the 1978 - 1982 Troy helmets? Just be happy our "texted" helmets don't look like that. That helmet looks like a peewee helmet. I have never been a fan of the "flying worm" design but i really like the North Texas 1979 - 1982 helmet. Just to cause an uproar, I think the new helmets will look really good so everyone chill and wait and see what they look like.

I try to not be too negative and rant and rave about the helmets, but there have been some questionable decisions. The "North Texas" on the helmet is not my favorite, but I can live with it. The new white helmets will look sharp I'm sure. Maybe not the Wow factor, but sharp and conservative.

Is it me or does the 1968-71 helmet look like it was inspired by Pink Floyd: The Wall

And the '72 helmet looks like the REO Speedwagon logo. I gotta say, since FFRick posted this the other day, I'm pretty high on this one.

upload.jpg

It would even look good on a white helmet. I imagine we could leave out the "Exes" part, though.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Matt Simon is the 'artist' who came up with that helmet design.

I heard it was done rather quickly and they just took the first computer clip-art eagle head they could find and used it, tweeked it the next season to the daffy eagle. The pants also changed in 1994 to a very wide green stripe that curved over the knees. The first time anyone saw them was in full broadcast TV color the first game that season at Missouri.

Edited by NT80

Matt Simon is the 'artist' who came up with that helmet design.

Artist my A**!!!!!! He got this from a company that just sells standard helmet decals. Click on the link below. 3rd Row, 3rd decal from the left.

http://www.protuffdecals.com/images/mascotbirds.jpg

It is THIS very type of thinking that pisses me off. How in the CRAP did a major university's atheletic department let a guy just pick something out of a catalog?

Again, deciding on artwork is NEVER something to be taken lightly.

Artist my A**!!!!!! He got this from a company that just sells standard helmet decals. Click on the link below. 3rd Row, 3rd decal from the left.

It is THIS very type of thinking that pisses me off. How in the CRAP did a major university's atheletic department let a guy just pick something out of a catalog?

Some of our other logos are on that link. Did we buy them there also?

Some of our other logos are on that link. Did we buy them there also?

At least four former NT logos are on there. I think all of those were one-time college logos somewhere for high schools who may want to copy their decals. I also saw that 1994 eagle head on a clip-art site previously.

Again, some people don't think before they speak. How many of those logos are in use today or within the past 10-15 years. I saw quite a few, even some that look very similar to professional logos and big conference college teams logos. So does that mean they took picking there logos lightly. Or did this catelog just go around and pick good logos to give people ideas.

I think the '67 helmet looks the best. Just a new font on the NT and outline it in black.

Again, some people don't think before they speak. How many of those logos are in use today or within the past 10-15 years. I saw quite a few, even some that look very similar to professional logos and big conference college teams logos. So does that mean they took picking there logos lightly. Or did this catelog just go around and pick good logos to give people ideas.

I think the '67 helmet looks the best. Just a new font on the NT and outline it in black.

SIMILAR???????????????? YOURE KIDDING, RIGHT? They are IDENTICAL. They are NOT meant for ideas. You pick that number, they ship those decals to you. Look closely, are you telling me the UNT, Iowa State, The Seattle Seahawks, and Univerisity of Louisville, ALL went to THIS place and bought their helmet decals? This place is infringing on copywrite laws.

Yes, I Actually thought that out before I spoke.