Would You Rather

eppy4life

Tough choice...I WANT BOTH!!!! But, make me choose, and I go with the stadium. Check the last few years and all the conference realignments. You never know when the wind changes...with a new stadium we maight just be "begged" to join a better conference well before ten years. We control our fate with the stadium...we don't control ur fate regarding a new conference. Let me worry about things I can control, not things I do not have control over.

BUT...I WANT BOTH! Buy season tickets, join the UNT Exes, get on the bus to ZeroU...Go Mean Green!

Case in point the Sun Belt isn't as bad as it was just a few years ago.

Umm...to the average fan (which lets face it, most people are, and most people that go to our games are too) it's just the same and it's not ever going to get any better. Why? because it continues to add new schools that no one has heard of before and that are just getting their start into D1 football.

Who know where it will be in 10 years? The SBC is improving however so slowly.

While the other conferences are improving faster. Lets face it...you don't see the SunBelt conference going to other Schools in other conferences and inviting them in. You dont see other school dying to get into the SunBelt, unless they have just started D1. Case and Point right there as to where the Sunbelt conference is heading.

Why did Louiseville build a new stadium? why did they....(fill in the blanks)? Answer, to move into a better conference.

New Stadium = more fan interest = more attractive OOC opponents at home= bigger attendance = better recruits= more winning= A NEW CONFERENCE

New Stadium = more fan interest (for a few games, then dies down) = more attractive OOC oppenents at home (agreed) = bigger attendance (maybe for those games, prob. depends on if we're winning huh) = better recruits (maybe until they look at our conference schedule) = more winning (or losing) = A NEW CONFERNCE.......seems kinda far fetched.

Why not:

New Conference = More attendance (this has been proven by our higher attendance while playing known schools) = More national publicity (proven as better conference gets more exposure) = More alumni support (Alumni are proud to see their school represented on TV) = More recruits (i could have put this earlier but chose down here. Recruits now know about UNT and more importantly know about the school that we play against) = Winning = New Stadium (and NOW we actually have people to fill it, wont have to build a 'starter' stadium and have to add on)

Why not:

New Conference = More attendance (this has been proven by our higher attendance while playing known schools) = More national publicity (proven as better conference gets more exposure) = More alumni support (Alumni are proud to see their school represented on TV) = More recruits (i could have put this earlier but chose down here. Recruits now know about UNT and more importantly know about the school that we play against) = Winning = New Stadium (and NOW we actually have people to fill it, wont have to build a 'starter' stadium and have to add on)

I just wonder if we can get into a better conference while still playing in Fouts and with no concrete plans - or more importantly, no solid funding in place - for a new stadium.

I just wonder if we can get into a better conference while still playing in Fouts and with no concrete plans - or more importantly, no solid funding in place - for a new stadium.

The question is which would you prefer? This is a hands down for me - I will take the new Conference 10 out of 10 times when given the choice.

I think most people you ask would would too, except for a select few on GMG (and RV of course)

That's right. RV has never ever tried to get us into CUSA (and the WAC with a certain group of teams to come with us).