Texas-ou Game Staying At Cotton Bowl

(This sort of surprised me. I figured they'd bolt for the new Cowboys stadium as soon as they could):

DALLAS — On Friday, Dallas Mayor Laura Miller will announce that the traditional Texas-Oklahoma football game will continue to be played at the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair through 2015.

Several officials at Dallas City Hall, who asked to remain unnamed, confirmed the information to WFAA-TV and The Dallas Morning News.

The announcement will be made Friday morning at 9 a.m. during a news conference on the 50-yard line inside the 75-year-old landmark.

Grambling and Prairie View will also extend their agreement to play at the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair through 2015.

The new contracts—which must be approved by the City Council—include a boost in financial incentives, some from funds currently going to the Cotton Bowl Association for the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. That game is moving to the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in 2010.

The unnamed officials praised Mayor Miller and her negotiating committee in securing the game. The Mayor's office said she will have no comment until Friday's news conference.

E-mail cheinbaugh@wfaa.com

(This sort of surprised me. I figured they'd bolt for the new Cowboys stadium as soon as they could):

DALLAS — On Friday, Dallas Mayor Laura Miller will announce that the traditional Texas-Oklahoma football game will continue to be played at the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair through 2015.

Several officials at Dallas City Hall, who asked to remain unnamed, confirmed the information to WFAA-TV and The Dallas Morning News.

The announcement will be made Friday morning at 9 a.m. during a news conference on the 50-yard line inside the 75-year-old landmark.

Grambling and Prairie View will also extend their agreement to play at the Cotton Bowl during the State Fair through 2015.

The new contracts—which must be approved by the City Council—include a boost in financial incentives, some from funds currently going to the Cotton Bowl Association for the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic. That game is moving to the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington in 2010.

The unnamed officials praised Mayor Miller and her negotiating committee in securing the game. The Mayor's office said she will have no comment until Friday's news conference.

E-mail cheinbaugh@wfaa.com

We are missing a MAJOR opportunity to increase support in the metroplex by being so stubborn about not playing a "home" game outside of Fouts !!!! The Cotton Bowl is begging for FB games the other 2 weekends of the Fair. TT , T$M, SMU, TCU, rich out of state schools wanting to recruit DFW will be salivating for games on these dates. I support our AD as much as anyone, but he is dead wrong on his stance to not play outside Fouts when a refurbished Cotton Bowl with a big time opponent during the Texas State Fair is there for the taking with a good sized guarantee as well. RV don't be dupped again by Dentonites who show up disguised as empty seats. Play one per year in this venue and we will get the metroplex support we so desparately need, maybe even enough to build the "Field of Dreams" in Denton in my lifetime!!!