Scrimmage Notes

It was an actual scrimmage....started at about 4....was still going at 5:30

To me, none of the QBs stood out.

J-Mo had a couple of nice runs, as did Cam Montgomery.

If the first series was #1 D against #1 O.....our four starting wideouts are: Stickler, Korey Washington, Brandon Jackson and Casey Fitzgerald. I thought Stickler looked great. Also, WR Arthur Subblefield looked good.

Starting LBs would be (if that first group was the #1 D): Nwigwe, Monroe and Holman.

Eddrick Gilmore looked good.

Woodward kicked a nice 40+ yard FG.

I never saw us score a TD while I was there (they did have a score of 27-23 on the scoreboard, but I think that was just a situational deal).

We have some talent. But to these eyes, none of the four QBs stood head and shoulders above the others.

Edited by Green Means Go!

Who is the wide receiver #4? He had a couple of nice catches for good yardage.

QB's - I thought #6 and #7 looked a lot better than #8 and #18. The passes just had more on them.

One really cool note - About 4:30ish a group of 9 or 10 guys walked down onto the field from out of the tunnel. They were all wearing matching, short sleeve, blue shirts with a white "under armor looking" stripe coming up on the shoulders from the arm pits. They had to be high school kids, and they were accompanied by a guy that I figure was their coach. They stood down on the field and watched the whole scrimmage. I have no idea what school they were from, but I didn't see them speak to anyone but each other. Their coach did go up and shake hands with one of our assistants, and they stood there talking for a while.

Who is the wide receiver #4? He had a couple of nice catches for good yardage.

QB's - I thought #6 and #7 looked a lot better than #8 and #18. The passes just had more on them.

One really cool note - About 4:30ish a group of 9 or 10 guys walked down onto the field from out of the tunnel. They were all wearing matching, short sleeve, blue shirts with a white "under armor looking" stripe coming up on the shoulders from the arm pits. They had to be high school kids, and they were accompanied by a guy that I figure was their coach. They stood down on the field and watched the whole scrimmage. I have no idea what school they were from, but I didn't see them speak to anyone but each other. Their coach did go up and shake hands with one of our assistants, and they stood there talking for a while.

The Assist. AD said the kids were from LD Bell HS. My sheet says #4 is Evan Fentriss. I think he is the kid who started for Rice as a true Fr. but will sit out next season due to the NCAA transfer rule.

I felt one improvement was the shotgun snap. At the last scrimmage the snaps were all over the place the majority today were either perfect or a little low. Meager and Tune definitely have also improved. Woody Wilson had a nice run, the guy can fly if given some space. If Woody Wilson could throw better there is no doubt he would start. Although Meager still needs work I feel he looked the most consistent. The amount of improvement Meager has made since the last scrimmage leads me to believe that by the start of next season he will be ready. Tune was kind of a hit or miss, he would throw a nice pass then an interception the next trow. The defensive line looked great and I'm really excited to see how they do next year. Jamario also looked improved today (he had a couple of nice runs).