For All Those Speculating On Where Wasson Is Going

MeanGreen61

Found this on the Bobcats board.

Wasson will play last season at OU

By RICK HERRIN

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

Former Southlake Carroll all-state quarterback Chase Wasson is headed to the University of Oklahoma for his final year of eligibility.

Wasson (5-foot-11, 180 pounds) said he has been granted a special waiver by the NCAA allowing him to transfer to Oklahoma after he was released from Texas State. After redshirting his freshman year, Wasson played three seasons for the Division I-AA Bobcats and started five games at quarterback last year.

Wasson, who will attend graduate school at Oklahoma and be considered a walk-on, was also a second team All-Southland Conference receiver last year.

Wasson, who turns 23 in July, said he will play quarterback for the Sooners, who are inexperienced and unsettled at the position with the loss of Paul Thompson. Wasson, who attended the Sooners' spring game Saturday, plans to move to Norman after his May 12 graduation and enroll in summer school.

"Whenever I started this thing I just wanted to be a part of looking into a program where winning was a high priority," Wasson said. "I want to get on the field as fast as possible and if that's at quarterback, that's what I am going to go after."

Last year Wasson accounted for 12 touchdowns rushing, passing and receiving. He was Texas State's second-leading rusher with 358 yards, led the team with 27 receptions and tied for the team high with three receiving touchdowns. He also went 44-of-82 passing for 442 yards with four touchdowns and five interceptions.

Wasson is 6-3 in nine career starts at quarterback, including a 3-1 mark as a redshirt freshman.

Wasson was named the Class 5A Offensive Player of the Year in 2002, when he led Carroll to the Division II state championship and a 16-0 record. He threw for then-state records of 4,822 yards and 54 touchdowns.

ONLINE: soonersports.com

Rick Herrin, 817-685-3864 rickherrin@star-telegram.com

I know it is far-fetched but "what-if" old Bob Stoops was concerned after losing to Boise in the Fiesta bowl and is concerned about not having film on Dodge's offense. It would be like Pittsburgh signing Cobbs after he was released from New England, the very week that Pitt was scheduled to play the Pats. Maybe I'm dreaming but I have green colored glasses. Maybe Wasson never plays a down but I wiould bet the farm that Stoops at leasts says something to Chase about the Dodge offense.

I know it is far-fetched but "what-if" old Bob Stoops was concerned after losing to Boise in the Fiesta bowl and is concerned about not having film on Dodge's offense. It would be like Pittsburgh signing Cobbs after he was released from New England, the very week that Pitt was scheduled to play the Pats. Maybe I'm dreaming but I have green colored glasses. Maybe Wasson never plays a down but I wiould bet the farm that Stoops at leasts says something to Chase about the Dodge offense.

Wasted 'ship then. The Dodge offense doesn't have a set rhythm or pattern. It's designed to attack whatever the defense shows.

Wasted 'ship then. The Dodge offense doesn't have a set rhythm or pattern. It's designed to attack whatever the defense shows.

From the story

Wasson, who will attend graduate school at Oklahoma and be considered a walk-on

He won't be on scholarship, but I agree it probably won't help game planning against the Todge offense.