Where's Your Game Face?

ffrclaw_201x288.jpg

Another day...I mean, night at the office as we had two working house fires Easter Sunday night. Our photog sent this one of me today, thought I would share.

During overhaul I got asked by three different people that have never asked me a thing about the Mean Green before what I thought of Todd Dodge so far and what were my expectations for this next season. Simply amazing.

Rick

TAAAAALLLLLOOOONNNNSS OUT!!!!!! That would be awesome and unique to UNT. Gotta Love it! :thumbsup: Who do we petition to make this happen??

I like "TAAAAAAAAAALONS OUT".

It explains why so many Green shirted people appear to be showing off their fingernails.

And I've never heard it anywhere else.

It certainly makes more sense than, "On your feet !"

It also pays some respect to our Eagle Mascot rather than only Mean Green.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Eagles don't CAW, they aren't crows. It would be nice if we did make a response though. something for after kickoffs

Annoucer: TAAAAALONS OUT!

Fans: "Ooooooohhhhhhhhh (reciever gets ball) NORTH TEXAS FIGHT!" or "Nnnoooooooooooooooo (reciever gets ball) rth TEXAS FIGHT!"

Eagles don't CAW, they aren't crows. It would be nice if we did make a response though. something for after kickoffs

Jacqueline Damian

Writer, editor « February 2006 | Main | April 2006 »

'The dearest spot on earth'

We haven't seen our resident eagles in several days, but we did get a good look at one of them last weekend, when Kimberly, age 6, and her father and stepmother were here. As we crossed the footbridge into the wooded area where the eagles make their home, we caught sight of the bird on a high branch 100 feet or so downstream. We stood and watched for a while -- in truth, Kim seemed less impressed by the sight than her parents and us -- and then heard the caw-caw-caw noises of an eagle's cry from the direction of the nest. Apparently the mate was calling. In response, the eagle took off and flew directly above us, settling in another tree on the other side of the bridge, not far from the nest. At this point we left, thinking perhaps our presence was keeping him (or her) from joining its mate.

Again, I would be embarrased to bring any of my non-unt friends to games if we did this.

I hear ya...one of my non-UNT friends made fun of the eagle cry and our announcer saying, "Caught....by the MIIIGGGHHHTY Johnny Quinn." And my mother hates the "Firrrrrrrrst Down!" To be fair, that non-UNT friend does cheer for the Mean Green (so he's certainly not a UNT hater) and he also makes fun of the Penn State lion roar.

Again, I would be embarrassed to bring any of my non-unt friends to games if we did this.

----Football games are about having fun and even acting somewhat stupid (note the guys that paint up their bodies and faces etc. or wearing stupid looking hats. ) Lighten up and enjoy life. Everyone needs to act 12 years old once in while... the trick is knowing when it is acceptable.

--- Those who want to be serious, intellectual, and a stuffed shirt should just stay home and watch golf or the ballet. It is ok to laugh at others having fun but not be embarassed or critical just because they can't get "into" in. All colleges do "crazy" things... goodness knows UT, Tech, and those nutty Aggies have far more than their fair share.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66