Where Is That Rabbit?

KingDL1

On weekdays I catch a Washington D.C radio station on the internet. There is a 30 second "commercial" entitled "Not a Sermon...Just a Thought." The one they were running this week has to do with the Discovery Channel documentary about finding bones that are believed to be of Joseph, Mary and Jesus. The premise goes a little something like this:

If those are the bones of Jesus, why didn’t the Romans present them in the first century to destroy Christianity at the start? Why didn’t the Jews do the same for the same reason? These are not the bones of Jesus because Christians know he rose from the dead.

Not a Sermon…Just a Thought.

I find it funny that an entire religion was founded on a few simple magic tricks. Just a thought.

If founded on a few magic tricks, why were the alleged "magicians" willing to die for their alleged "tricks"? The apostles were given opportunity to deny the faith they promulgated, and refused. The apostle Paul forsook a life of prestige for a life of stonings, shipwreck, and ultimately execution--not for what someone else told him, but for what he claimed to receive personally.

--This not a place to argue religion.... Religion is personal and about "faith and beliefs" and not proofs... Even the only way our government comments about religion is "under God"... nothing is stated about which religion or which denomination... I pity those who think this is all there is.

You opened the door.

I find it funny that an entire religion was founded on a few simple magic tricks. Just a thought.

Countdown to shutdown in three...two...one...

Magic Tricks? I hope you are a more thoughtful person than that.

Magic Tricks? I hope you are a more thoughtful person than that.

I was about to say...

Pulling a rabbit out of a hat is a "trick."

What do you call curing disease like leprosy? What do you call feeding 10,000 people on 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish? What do you call walking on water in the storm? What do you call raising the dead as well as rising FROM the dead?

Au contraire. Some religions may require "blind leaps of faith," but if you will read the New Testament, you will see that the Christian religion is firmly based upon evidence.

---Trust me I have read it... and I even have 3 hours of College Credit in New Testament, from a Texas college supported by a protestant church. . I guess proof has a different meaning to a mathematics major. Enough said about religion. I refuse to argue any topic about anyone's religious beliefs. If we all saw Christianity the same way there would not be different denominations.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66