Xbox 360- Ncaa Football 07

I just opened my NCAA 07 for XBoX last night for the first time since I bought it in December, and I was suprised to see that Fouts was a stadium that was enclosed with all of the stands together like a bowl and what appeared to be a two tier in the middle of the bowl.

They had a different design for the stadium, and even the tunnel entrances were wrong as well as the press box. The field looked quite nice.

Anybody else see this.

That is the standard stadium used for all schools that were not deemed worthy of a true depiction of their stadium.

This is exactly right. If you will notice that the SBC schools have this standard stadium. After my first season as UNT I went 12-1 and got an invite to CUSA. The stadiums in CUSA depict what their stadiums look like. Maybe someday we'll get to have our actual stadium on a video game. :(

I find this to be very interesting. In the past versions for the original XBox and PS2, they had a reasonable depiction of Fouts. It was close, but not too close. Looks like EA got lazy for this one. They kinda phoned in the 07 versions of Madden and NCAA. I would hope that this will be fixed for the next version. The next step would be to get our fight song in there.

The PS2 and X-Box versions do have Fouts, complete with a logo at midfield. The next-gen 360 version opted to make the top stadiums in hi-res, and for the sake of space on the disc EA gave everyone not rendered in hi-res a generic stadium.

Edited by Bryan316

Wow thanks you guys for the great information. Like I said I just opened it and was eager to see the UNT stuff on there. The logo looks great as always, but I still want to play UNT football at the current home of UNT football.

I think that was a major flaw on the game for 360 considering that the graphics should be correct and up to date.

So if I get to be updated to CUSA or the Big 12 will I get the actual Fouts stadium to be used.

I find it really strange that Fouts was very accurate on XBOX and PS2 and but not on XBOX 360. Why would they slack off on what makes the game so great.... Very disappointed.

I believe HoustonEagle explanation that our stadium was not deemed to be shown

oops wrong thread. And I think bryan316 is right on the Xbox stuff - all the first gen sports games were done quickly/lazily to get them out the door for the system launch.

The PS2 and X-Box versions do have Fouts, complete with a logo at midfield. The next-gen 360 version opted to make the top stadiums in hi-res, and for the sake of space on the disc EA gave everyone not rendered in hi-res a generic stadium.

Half right...

They skimped on the 360 version for the high res stadiums yes, but it was more of a time constraint than a space constraint. They also left off a few other features that the other versions were able to employ. You have to remember the 360 is still pretty new, and at this time last year, they were designing for a brand new system from just about scratch.

Next year's version should be a whole lot better than this past years'.

Time constraint is complete BS.

EA has NCAA football & the NFL locked up in a contract in which they are the only company alowed to produce games. EA is just being lazy. The 360 is the worst NCAA football game to date. I had to switch back to the PS2 version this year.

And if you're a hoops fan, College Hoops 2k7 blows EA's March Madness '07 out of the water.

Time constraint is complete BS.

EA has NCAA football & the NFL locked up in a contract in which they are the only company alowed to produce games. EA is just being lazy. The 360 is the worst NCAA football game to date. I had to switch back to the PS2 version this year.

And if you're a hoops fan, College Hoops 2k7 blows EA's March Madness '07 out of the water.

I think it's a little of both. The contract probably had a deadline, correct? If they have a deadline and were cutting it close, they probably chose to be lazy about the stadiums.

I hope they fix this in the future. I like to think that when I get done with school I'll make enough money to get the 360 and a college football game. The last version I played on any platform was an NCAA game for the original PS back in '99. I don't even remember which make/brand it was, but the look is entirely different from what I'm seeing in the commercials lately.

Edited by greenminer

Half right...

They skimped on the 360 version for the high res stadiums yes, but it was more of a time constraint than a space constraint. They also left off a few other features that the other versions were able to employ. You have to remember the 360 is still pretty new, and at this time last year, they were designing for a brand new system from just about scratch.

Next year's version should be a whole lot better than this past years'.

Completely true. Anyone who says a space constraint hasn't looked at the size of games.

I dont know if lazy is right either. I really feel that they just figured no one would care in the lower end conferences so why spend the money and time to make those stadiums accurate. And no once you get into CUSA the stadium doesn't change.

Look at both years of Madden on the 360. Both titles are complete disappointments when considering the current gen(PS2 & Xbox) versions.

I've been giving EA my money for 15 years on hoops & football titles. This is the 1st year I refused to buy Madden, the 2nd year I haven't purchased NBA live, and the 2nd year I haven't purchased March Madness. If EA thinks they can live on name recognition, they better think again. This will be the 1st year that I will NOT reserve and get NCAA football at release day. Instead, I will wait for reviews from my favorite sports gaming forum before I buy. I assure you, if the game is crap on the 360, it will be my last title ever purchased from EA.

The exclusive rights contract cannot end soon enough for me. It's the sole reason why EA has gone down the toilet, IMO.

The 2K Sports group (Sega) is making a helluva impact with it's hoops & baseball titles. For all you sports nuts, like myself, I highly recommend you give them a chance. I was an EA "fanboy" once, but had my eyes opened from their NBA 2K titles.

Rant Off.

:censored:

Edited by Got5onIt

Look at both years of Madden on the 360. Both titles are complete disappointments when considering the current gen(PS2 & Xbox) versions.

I've been giving EA my money for 15 years on hoops & football titles. This is the 1st year I refused to buy Madden, the 2nd year I haven't purchased NBA live, and the 2nd year I haven't purchased March Madness. If EA thinks they can live on name recognition, they better think again. This will be the 1st year that I will NOT reserve and get NCAA football at release day. Instead, I will wait for reviews from my favorite sports gaming forum before I buy. I assure you, if the game is crap on the 360, it will be my last title ever purchased from EA.

The exclusive rights contract cannot end soon enough for me. It's the sole reason why EA has gone down the toilet, IMO.

The 2K Sports group (Sega) is making a helluva impact with it's hoops & baseball titles. For all you sports nuts, like myself, I highly recommend you give them a chance. I was an EA "fanboy" once, but had my eyes opened from their NBA 2K titles.

Rant Off.

:censored:

I completely agree with the 2k titles being the best, I love everyone of them college hoops 2k7, NBA 2k7, and baseball. EA has to wake up and realize they can't just put out crap.

I didn't buy the 360 version of NCAA football just because they said they weren't able to put everything they wanted into the game because of time constraints before they started selling it. Hell, they released the xbox and ps2 versions about a full month before the 360 version. So that tells me the time thing isn't BS. It doesn't matter if they have contracts with the NFL or the NCAA for those titles, the 360 was brand new at the time... It takes a little while for them to look at cross platform coding, especially for a new system. It's not the same thing across the board.

2k is putting out a football game this year, All-Pro Football 2k8. From what I remember, it's going to have retired players (not part of the NFLPA). Also I'm sure it'll only be a matter of a day or two for someone to recreate the entire NFL roster easily transferrable using this.

Also NBA 2k7 and MLB 2k7 are ridiculously great games, and more life-like than I thought would happen this early into the cycle of next-gen games. If anyone has an Xbox 360 or PS3 and doesn't have these games, they need to get them. On the topic of EA, you do have to hand it to them for NBA Street Homecourt. Great game.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

EA has to wake up and realize they can't just put out crap.

Wrong....the people buying the games need to wake up and STOP BUYING CRAP. As long as EA continues to dominate in sales, why would they change their direction?

EA has been doing this for years and years. They had a huge layoff last year where they cleared out their development staff....in essence, they choose to spend their money locking out the competition rather than on actually developing quality games. Interesting behavior from a supposed game publisher....

Wrong....the people buying the games need to wake up and STOP BUYING CRAP. As long as EA continues to dominate in sales, why would they change their direction?

EA has been doing this for years and years. They had a huge layoff last year where they cleared out their development staff....in essence, they choose to spend their money locking out the competition rather than on actually developing quality games. Interesting behavior from a supposed game publisher....

Nail, hammer, hit it on the head.

It really annoys me that EA was content in saying a time constraint forced them to put out a crappy game. Games should never take a step back. Especially, when you're moving forward into the next generation of gaming. The 360/PS3 versions of NCAA football should have EVERY option available on the current gen. Hell, EA couldn't even get the gameplay & run animations right. Don't get me started on the annoying cut scenes every time the teams head to the line of scrimmage.

As TIgreen stated, the only way to cause a stir is to stop buying their products. I've pretty much done that.

Edited by Got5onIt

Nail, hammer, hit it on the head.

It really annoys me that EA was content in saying a time constraint forced them to put out a crappy game. Games should never take a step back. Especially, when you're moving forward into the next generation of gaming. The 360/PS3 versions of NCAA football should have EVERY option available on the current gen. Hell, EA couldn't even get the gameplay & run animations right. Don't get me started on the annoying cut scenes every time the teams head to the line of scrimmage.

As TIgreen stated, the only way to cause a stir is to stop buying their products. I've pretty much done that.

I really think that the upcoming release of NCAA will be a huge improvement over last years. I am really looking for them to out-do themselves.